Rear Hatch will not open unless ignition switch is on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevin howell

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem? 2014 Equinox Rear Hatch will only open with the key Fob, door switch or the inside button, unless the ignition key is in the on or start position? The key fob works for locking and unlocking the doors and even remote start. No ignition issues or codes. Thanks

Last edited:

Flyer58

Reaction score
Did that just start happening recently?

I know the key fob control has settings to determine what happens when you press the button. Maybe something hit changed. Look in the owners manual or online about those settings.

kevin howell

Reaction score
I have gone through the settings, and everything looks correct. It is like there is no power going to the rear hatch circuits unless the ignition key is in the on position even though everything else on the FOB work with the key not in use (lock doors, start engine, etc.).

ricklack

Reaction score
Have you replaced the battery? A 2014 with original battery may exhibit odd electronic gremlins like this. These batteries only last an average of 4 or 5 years at best.

Jcolon

Reaction score
I’m running into the same problem, did you figure out a fix yet? Any help would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.