2007 Chevy Equinox - different issues - please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kcarpe2007

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2007 Chevy Equinox, Sports package Limited. It has been well maintained but there are some issues with it that I have been noticing and was wondering if someone could help me diagnose them properly.

1. At low speeds (basically 0-10 mph) it has a "wobble". I'm thinking it could be bent wheels.....tires are very good in the front. Maybe a tire balance issue? Above this low speed there is no wobble or shaking at all, and I've had it up to 80 mph. Steering seems to be accurately aligned in front as well. No vibrations or drifting at 50-80 mph.

2. Very noticeable rattle in the right rear when going over bumps. A friend of mine put it on a lift at his shop and said my lower arm bushing could be bad.

3. Speedometer works intermittently. That same friend that I brought my car to his shop put it on a diagnostic tester and all the speed sensors were good. So he is thinking it is a wiring issue.

4. The "Service Tire pressure" and "airbag" lights are continually on. The person I bought it from said that those have both been on since she owned it. Tire pressure is good all around. Not sure why that light is on or why the airbag light is on. Not really a big deal, but I would like to know if there is a cheap way to fix it.

Last edited:

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hey, Kcarpe. Sorry for the delay, I try to watch for unanswerred posts, but missed yours. I'm not too familiar with the older models, but cars are cars, right?
1. Maybe a broken belt in the tire? A tire shop should be able to help. It could be related to #2
2. replace the bushings. No good can come from letting this go.
3. visual inspection for any cracks or worn wires or connectors. Test for continuity.
4. Service tire pressure-bad sensor or it needs a new battery in the tire sensor.
4. Air Bag light. Usually this is a fault where the airbag will not deploy. It could be a faulty air bag module or maybe a bag is disconnected.
Good luck with everything. It doesn't seem like a terrible list.

Kcarpe2007

Reaction score
Hey, Kcarpe. Sorry for the delay, I try to watch for unanswerred posts, but missed yours. I'm not too familiar with the older models, but cars are cars, right?
1. Maybe a broken belt in the tire? A tire shop should be able to help. It could be related to #2
2. replace the bushings. No good can come from letting this go.
3. visual inspection for any cracks or worn wires or connectors. Test for continuity.
4. Service tire pressure-bad sensor or it needs a new battery in the tire sensor.
4. Air Bag light. Usually this is a fault where the airbag will not deploy. It could be a faulty air bag module or maybe a bag is disconnected.
Good luck with everything. It doesn't seem like a terrible list.
Thank you! I’m actually bringing it in to a mechanic Friday to look at these issues so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it!

Members online

No members online now.