What is this part called?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrvids

Reaction score
This part goes on the front of passenger side fender liner. It was broken off in an accident. You can see the missing bolts on the fender liner of where this part goes. What is this part, or part number? Some of the part is missing.
IMG_20240323_145301374.jpgIMG_20240323_144828043.jpg

Big Papi

Reaction score
Possibly broken off the front bumper lower fascia but can't see it from here.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
I looked at my 2022 LS and don't see anything that resembles that. Maybe take it to a dealer service center and ask them that the thing-a-ma-bob might be.

ricklack

Reaction score
My 22 RS also has no sign of this. Perhaps it is/was on the front side of the fender liner? The fact that you are missing 2 plastic retainers and pins suggests that. Except there are no markings around the holes to show that anything was once there? Hmm, still a mystery

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
I have never, ever seen anything like that on the inside of the fender liner, on any vehicle. I agree with ricklack; maybe it came from the front side of the fender liner? Like some kind of bumper reinforcement? I did a Google image search for the part, and didn't come up with any exact matches. But some results did suggest that similar looking parts were some kind of reinforcement. If it were me, I would probably try removing the remaining screw to pull back the fender liner a bit, to see if it looks like the part should be on the other side. Otherwise, like "bagbvjw" suggested, try taking it to your dealer's body shop and they can probably identify it.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Just an after thought, are you sure it belongs to your vehicle? You did state it was involved in a accident. Could the part be from the other vehicle?

mrvids

Reaction score
The dealership neededIMG_20240325_124509355.jpg my vin to track down the part. The old part dragged on the freeway so it's shorter. But it was easy to install once I removed a few screws/bolts from the fender liner and air deflector

Attachments

• IMG_20240325_124443889.jpg
    IMG_20240325_124443889.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 5

Members online

No members online now.