What did you do today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mswerb

Reaction score
Cleaned the gutters, raked leaves, cleaned up the yard, then I cleaned up both cars. Now I'm watching football.

prheaume

Reaction score
Wake up, look at the computer, saw a special event at future shop : trade ANY game for a choice of : call of duty ghost, battelfield 4 or Assassins creed 4.

Was not sure so I pick Assasins creed 1 in my library and go to future shop, and I really receive call of duty ghost in exchance.. 1 for 1 .. WOW

ThePapaJohn

Reaction score
Went to Church today. Setup my account on the forum.

Now yesterday - Purchased a 2007 Equinox. (Thus the setup an account on the forum.)

ThePapaJohn

ThePapaJohn

Reaction score
Mswwrb: It's a very basic 2007 - 3.4 L V6 Black with Grey interior.

The arm that was in between the main door hinges (the detent?) was making a nasty crack/poop noise when I first got it. Found the replacement part was $4 more at my local dealer, so I went ahead and picked it up. Changed it out in under 30 minutes.

Cleaned the stain that was on the driver's seat and carpet better than the dealer that sold us the Nox.

Pictures? None yet, but might take some this week if the rain holds back.

Gotta change out the driver's axle shaft (both the inner and outer CV joints are bad).

ThePapaJohn

Reaction score
Just an update: replaced that bad axle. Gave the Nox a bath followed by on heck of a needed wax job. Every crack and crevasse was hit. Under the hood, between the doors, under the back lights. I mean everything was hit.

The I tried the Turtle Wax "regen" treatment on the black plastic that looks more grey than black. Made a pretty good difference right after I put it on, dunno how well it's going to hold up with exposure. Anyone else found a product that turns that plastic back to black and holds it if this one doesn't?

Also, anyone used any of the products out there to get rid of the small scratches and swirls in the black paint? My normal "scratch and swirl" Turtle Wax did an o.k. Job, just want something better.

mswerb

Reaction score
Do you apply your wax by hand or machine? Machine waxing will get better results. I am a big fan of Meguiar's products.

ThePapaJohn

Reaction score
High speed orbital applicator and buffer.

Deep Crystal Carnauba wax made by Meguiar's for the top coat.
I use the Turtle Wax as a polishing compound for the scratch and swirl removal.

prheaume

Reaction score
Help my cousin moving out than had a party with friends, ended up at 2 am and the dog wake me up a 6 .. outch

prheaume

Reaction score
paint is cracking on fenders, looking to plasti dip my fender mat black on a black nox, what you guys think?

3fingers

Reaction score
paint is cracking on fenders, looking to plasti dip my fender mat black on a black nox, what you guys think?

For the mean time yes plasti dip can cover those cracks, but it would be better to have it resprayed.

mswerb

Reaction score
I had the windshield replaced, and installed new wiper blades.
I couldn't have old wipers on a new windshield.

3fingers

Reaction score
Got a set of KMC 685 district satin black wheels from 4wheelonline for $179 with free delivery.

Members online