Transmission or other issue with 2012 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zkl101389

Reaction score
I am having problems with my new 2012 equinox LT 6 cylinder and i was wondering if anyone has had any similar problems with theirs.I only have 5000 miles on it and i can't get the problem to be consistent enough where i can take it to the dealer and get it to repeat for them and have them do something about it.Anyways what it is doing is every so often ive noticed that that it doesn't seem to be shifting right or something because the few times ive heard the engine rev way up then itll grab and throw me back in the seat.The one time specificlly that i remember was the worst was i was driving up hill and all of sudden i had no power at all i watched my RPMs drop to 0 then after several tiems of stepping on the gas pedal its like it finally grabbed and the RPMS flew up to about 6500-7000 and it threw me back in my seat.I wanted to talk to someone else to see if they had a similar problem before i went to the dealer.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I have had my 2011 I4 do that from a stop, push on the gas peddle and nothing..
Dealer has not been able to fix it as it only does it once or twice a month.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Have the dealer check this service bulletin # PIP4783A.
My 2011 was doing the same thing .It was fuel pump related .

zkl101389

Reaction score
Have the dealer check this service bulletin # PIP4783A.
My 2011 was doing the same thing .It was fuel pump related .
alright thanks a lot i'll have then look at that asap cause i know it scared the crap out of me when it happened.

briando

Reaction score
a standard thought to keep in mind with a chevy or any other brand is never ever do a transmission flush. it will screw you over every time

docderek05

Reaction score
I am having problems with my new 2012 equinox LT 6 cylinder and i was wondering if anyone has had any similar problems with theirs.I only have 5000 miles on it and i can't get the problem to be consistent enough where i can take it to the dealer and get it to repeat for them and have them do something about it.Anyways what it is doing is every so often ive noticed that that it doesn't seem to be shifting right or something because the few times ive heard the engine rev way up then itll grab and throw me back in the seat.The one time specificlly that i remember was the worst was i was driving up hill and all of sudden i had no power at all i watched my RPMs drop to 0 then after several tiems of stepping on the gas pedal its like it finally grabbed and the RPMS flew up to about 6500-7000 and it threw me back in my seat.I wanted to talk to someone else to see if they had a similar problem before i went to the dealer.

ZKL, I am new to this forum, and I also have a new to me V6 2012 2LT Nox,

and although I have Not experienced the Jerking into gear...I have experienced the loss of power, and feeling that someone stole the thunder out from under me, going up hill, and passing, the damn thing lays down...I took it to the dealer and they swear, "they all do that" thats the computer, ..blah blah...I have two vettes, that also have computer controlled auto transmissions, neither do this..so I called the service manager and tried to explain this to him...and he still insists there is nothing wrong! It really burns me that this is obviously an electronic problem that could probably be resolved with a software re-flash or upgrade, and the Dealer is not listening to me...i am going to try another dealer..and see if I get the same song and dance. My Dealer, whom I purchased this from said there are No Technical bulletins from GM concerning this issue. I have another question, does your engine feel kind of thrashy..ie..rather noisy for a fairly sophisticated V6? more so around town, highway it is fairly quiet except for the lack of balls, and do you really have to stand on it to make it move, mine is a real slug. I had a Saturn Vue Red Line, with the Honda 3.5 V6 and it would have blown this Nox's doors off...I am pretty disappointed in this GM product. seeing as the finish of this Nox, is quite nice.

Best to You, Derek

Members online

No members online now.