transmission change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jherman

Reaction score
I have a 2010 nox. What kind of mileage are people changing the trany fuild? I have been told every 20,000 if you want the trany to last. any thoughts?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I don't do much driving in hilly terrain or do alot of hard driving on my vehicle so personally i would go with the recommended 97,500 miles in my owners manual.
Obviously if you drive hard or do alot of hilly terrain i would change it sooner.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I have a 2010 nox. What kind of mileage are people changing the trany fuild? I have been told every 20,000 if you want the trany to last. any thoughts?

Recommended is 50K

Though they state 100K in the owners manual, it as well has a little disclaimer talking about if your in hot climates, stop-n-go traffic and a few other disclaimers....They recommend 50k instead of the 100k.

prheaume

Reaction score
done here at 90 000 km.. so 50k miles ... done at a little shop owned by an ex pontiac technician .. done for 117$ taxes in .. worth it :)

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
For an 05 Nox LS whats a good price for a transmission fluid flush and change?

Firestone quoted me $147.99 which includes a cleaning agent they flush through and 12 quarts of tranny fluid.

prheaume

Reaction score
For an 05 Nox LS whats a good price for a transmission fluid flush and change?

Firestone quoted me $147.99 which includes a cleaning agent they flush through and 12 quarts of tranny fluid.

The GM tech told me that for the flush it need 8 quarts of tranny fluid and 45 min of time as they don't change the filter (on 07 NOX) because it is an inline filter.

gpres

Reaction score
transmission oil change

The recommended milage for the tranny oil change according to my dealer is 50,000 K or 30,000 miles

Reaction score
If you are just using the recommended dexron VI then every 30k would be a good mileage to go by to keep things clean and fresh. If you switch over to a full synthetic dexron VI then 50k will work well.

Our 2011 Acadia I switched out at 10k miles to AMSOIL's ATL and it now has 39k on it and it is still nice and pink. A friend has a 2011 Traverse and he brought it over and it has 69k miles on it and when I drained the transmission fluid, (which was factory fill) it was really dark. It didn't smell burnt but it didn't look good either.

For the small cost at every 30 or 50k, it is well worth it over a $4k transmission replacement.

Members online