Trans fluid refill amount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackallison

Reaction score
Hey, have seen a thread or two about this but nothing consistent. Did the trans fluid at 96k, and have done everything i have gathered from multiple videos and forum posts. 2015 2.4 LT FWD, drain fluid, row through gears while draining, then fill while engine is running. Only took about 3.5 liters (3.7qt, bottles are in liters) until it started to spill out of drain plug. Have heard full capacity is 5qt but lost on if i should top up the rest, or just leave it. If it matters, I got the motul atf-vi, approved dexron vi, it was $9 for 1 liter at summit so I snagged 5 but only ended up using a little over 3 bottles lmfao. Thanks !!

PaulD

Reaction score
4 qts should have come out and 4 qts back in. If you filled until overflow from the high level plug, you should be good.

mcycle-nut

Reaction score
When I bought our '15 Equinox 3 years ago, I was a confused when I read the manual which said the car had a "sealed transmission" which didn't require any service until 250,000 km and if it started leaking to "take it to your dealer". :unsure: That sounded like a lot of BS to me, so I went to a trans shop and quoted that. He laughed and said, "I'll sell you a new transmission at 250,000km. No problem, we can service it."

Members online