Tire/Wheel Changeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken Rosey

Reaction score
My OEM tires/wheels are P235-55-19. I want to put winter/snow tires on but no one makes 19" steel wheels and the OEM wheels are too expensive. To avoid paying the tire/wheel changeover twice a year at about $150 a pop, I was informed I could go to a different combo/size - 235-65-17 or 245-65-17. Has anyone done this; does it affect anything (settings, etc) on the vehicle, and does it affect the vehicle warranty?

Ken Rosey

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think you could get away with it and it won't affect your warranty. I would imagine you are thinking about having a extra set of wheels???

If per chance you had any issue you could always switch the tires back before you take it into the dealership. But I would doubt you would have any issues at all.

The only thing that will need to be addressed is that your actual speed will be inaccurate. I would suspect that simple programming or reflashing of the computer for tire change may be a consideration.

That's just my .02 cents.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
My OEM tires/wheels are P235-55-19. I want to put winter/snow tires on but no one makes 19" steel wheels and the OEM wheels are too expensive. To avoid paying the tire/wheel changeover twice a year at about $150 a pop, I was informed I could go to a different combo/size - 235-65-17 or 245-65-17. Has anyone done this; does it affect anything (settings, etc) on the vehicle, and does it affect the vehicle warranty?

Ken Rosey

Its a common practice to go down for winter set

It will not void your warranty. You will not have any settings that need changed (other than TPMS-tire pressure monitoring system) if you keep similar rolling diameters.

Options for Rims

1) Find a set for 17" OEM Rims used (terrain/nox)
2) Purchase a set of 17" aftermarket rims for winter use 5x120 bolt pattern

Tire Size needed is 235/65r17

This will have no effect on your speedometer

Hope it helps

Members online