Tire Tread and Wall preforation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Would anyone consider this a safety issue? All 4 of my tires have this issue as 40,000 miles on a 65,000 Mile Warranty tire.

I looked up the Michelin Latitude Tour Tire recalls and it doesn't look like my tires DOT M33T 007X 1012 are included in the recall.

I'm going to swing by a Michelin authorized dealer today and get their opinion.

Attachments

• 20140422_121546.jpg
    20140422_121546.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20140422_121505.jpg
    20140422_121505.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11

mswerb

Reaction score
Are those the original tires? If you had them replaced, take them and the receipt when you go to the Michelin dealer.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
They are original factory Michelin Latitude Tour tires. I went to a Michelin Authorized dealer last night and was told that it was normal wear.

I totally do not agree with that. I was also told some bullcrap story that tire shine can cause that. I asked him to explain why inside of the tire was doing the same thing if he was blaming tire shine. He had no answer for me.

I'm going to be calling Michelin and filing a complaint with them, I have never seen a tire wear in this manner.

carfan

Reaction score
Hi, was looking at your pictures and must admit Michelin Latitude Touring we had on our 2010 looked about the same when we got rid of them. Had about 50,000 on them, still tread but all cracked where the tread met the sidewall. Didn't bother with Michelin, replaced with Cooper CS4 Touring, so far so good and will save you about $60 each over the Michelins.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I ended up getting no where with michelin. A week later had two tires go flat due to two roofing nails near the sidewall they were not able to repair them. I ended up purchasing 4 new Bridgestone Alenza Plus tires. They have a better treadlife warranty.

carfan

Reaction score
Michelin tire recall

For those of you that are having the tire separation and sidewall perforation and have not replaced your Latitude Tour tires yet this may help. Go to the NHTSA site and many Michelin Latitude tires P255/70R18, P255/60R19 and others have been recalled. You'll have to check the DOT date range to see if your tires are on the recall.

burnbomber

Reaction score
Just replaced my original Latitude tires (slightly over 8 years old) which looked pretty much like yours. They had 59k miles on them, but were not even close to the wear bars. I'd estimate them around 5/32" (but didn't measure them).

They had the sidewall crazing and tread cracking just like your pictures. These were the original tires on my 2010.

I replaced with Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus, in the OEM 19" size. They're significantly quieter than the OEM Michelins, which were always kind of noisy. The new Pirelli's also have an exquisite ride, compared to the Michelins.

Members online

Latest posts