Tire recommendations????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

david7598

Reaction score
Well I live in saint Louis.....and we experience all different kinds of weather. Like Sundays high is 76° with a low of 40° and Monday the high is 40° with them falling all day to the mid 20's....anyways.....what's a good year round tire for my 08 nox LT. I got it back in august....and it will need some new tires come spring.

e5e3uruj.jpg

2008 Equinox LT Granite Gray Metallic

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would probably recommend the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring. Great all around tire for fuel mileage, all season and high mileage rating of 80kmiles.

My Equinox came with more fuel saver Michelin tires. I got 80k out of them and I would have gotten more if one tire didn'g have a unpatchable hole in them. They did seem to dry rot a little on the tread and I wouldn't call them a all season tire either.

david7598

Reaction score
I would probably recommend the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring. Great all around tire for fuel mileage, all season and high mileage rating of 80kmiles.

My Equinox came with more fuel saver Michelin tires. I got 80k out of them and I would have gotten more if one tire didn'g have a unpatchable hole in them. They did seem to dry rot a little on the tread and I wouldn't call them a all season tire either.

Thanks!!! Ya I will look into those. I had some really nice yokos on my previous car (2010 Sebring) that did really well in the snow. And they make the same ones for this vehicle....just looking for opinions. :)

These are the yokos that I had.

http://mobile.yokohamatire.com/tires/detail/avid_touring_s

2008 Equinox LT Granite Gray Metallic

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
My Nox came with the Michelin Latitude Tour All Season. Not impressed with these tires in the snow. It may be a different story if i would have purchased AWD. They are pretty quite which is very nice but i wouldn't mind something that would perform a little better in the snow.

I had Yokohama Avid's on my previous G6 and i had no issues getting around in the snow.

lheon

Reaction score
I've heard good things about the BFGoodrich Long Trail's. Actually that's my target tires to replace my current Michelin Latitude's.

david7598

Reaction score
Sorry for no responding....I'm clearly not getting notifications. Lol but no...I still haven't bought tires....I had to replace the brakes all around and the belt....there went $300 lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

08PILOT

Reaction score
I Lived there, yes weather is inconsistent for sure, I am
not a Goodyear fan but anything good has gone up. ($)

3fingers

Reaction score
I suggest to get Michelin Latitude sports. Not that cheap but very impressive in any wet or dry surface. Got mine online at 4wheelonline, they shipped it for free.

05lsawd

Reaction score
I live in Indiana and know youre pain when I comes to weather! haha I just bought a set of yokohama all seasons and I love them, great in the snow and quiet as can be on the dry roads. Don't know the mileage of them but so far no complaints!

Members online

No members online now.