Thinking of buying an 05 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relish

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what you all would think of this situation here. A friend of the family wants to sell an 05 Equinox to me, since my lease is almost up. They are asking 6k, it has around 100k miles. Just got new tires on it... leather interior, and sunroof. What I am wondering is - what is the long-term cost going to be in terms of reliability, and what kind of maintenance should I be looking at since we're at the 100k mark?

The friend says it has been well maintained, and they recently upgraded and no longer need this car. What do you all think?

Any info is much appreciated, thanks :)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
That's a steal of a price, I'd say. If its in good shape you will be ahead in price. I would imagine that's a little higher than what they were offered on trade. That car could easily sell for $7500-8500 depending on how fast it needed to sell. Nada with the options that you listed said that it could be listed for clean retail for $9100...

I think with this car you would have average repairs needed but I dare say you might not have any issues with it for 2-3 years. If I was you, I would buy it. But I work on my own cars.

The only things I would be interested to know is if they were the original owners and how many title transfers it has. Also what repairs were done to it...

prheaume

Reaction score
On the 05 just look for a small coolant link around the intake and if the exhaust manifold is in good shape. Major problemes on these models.

relish

Reaction score
This is the kind of info I am looking for!

Any other things to look at that are specific to this year and/or this model Equniox?

Thanks

prheaume

Reaction score
Like every single other GM vehicules .. save money for wheel bearings! haha

To be honest, I have a 2007 that supposely all bugs from this generation were corrected. They only thing I noticed is when I start the car quickly, I get the message ''service stabilitrak''

If I let the fuel pump prime and everything, no problem!

mswerb

Reaction score
I have a 2007 as well that I have owned for 3 years now. No problems as of yet. one of the BEST vehicles I have owned.

Members online

No members online now.