Stabilitrack/ ABS light on after doing new Brakes and rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty2666

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Equinox LT I replaced the pads and Rotors, now the Stabilitrack and ABS light have came on. Anyone have any idea why??? I didn't touch anything to cause this issue. Just replaced the Pads and rotors... UGH

Svard75

Reaction score
Get the codes pulled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotty2666

Reaction score
got the codes replaced both Front and rear ABS sensors, issue has not gone away.

Svard75

Reaction score
Have you reset the ECU after replacing the ABS sensors? I can't recall what the issue was before but I had that happen to me and I did something to fix it but can't remember what. It was back in 99. Maybe leaving the battery unplugged overnight?

scotty2666

Reaction score
I got the vehicle rescanned and the codes cleared with the scan tool at oreilleys but it came back on a mile down the road. only thing I haven't replaced are the hub bearings, and well they aren't cheap. the rear is $90 for the 1 yr warranty and the front is $120 for the 1 yr warranty.

Svard75

Reaction score
Bearings or hub assemblies wouldn't be an issue unless you are hearing a groaning sort of sound which gets louder as you drive faster.
Did some reading and most people were successful by either replacing the speed sensors in the hub or checking the hub rings. One guy took the hub assembly apart and found his ring was missing teeth! How the heck would that happen unless the hub bearing was so badly worn it was wobbling. Anyway check the wiring harnesses while you're at it.

scotty2666

Reaction score
I replaced both front and rear ABS sensors. the rear one was VERY difficult to replace in fact the end broke off while I was extracting it from the hub, hence I had to remove the hub entirely to get the broken piece ABS sensor out of the hub. I did in fact look inside at the teeth and saw no abnormalities, so I reinstalled it back on the vehicle with the new sensor. The front sensor was easily replaced looking inside the hole for the front hub was not easily done but what I could see didn't throw and red flag up. I was told there is a magnetic ring inside there and it could be cracked causing the issue.

scotty2666

Reaction score
solution solved replaced passenger side wheel bearing, problem went away! apparently there is a thin magnetic strip around the back of the bearing that looked to be missing small pieces from it. you cant see this strip unless the bearing is removed from the steering knuckle.

prheaume

Reaction score
had the same trouble on my 07, too bad GM aren't able to make good bearings/sensors combo. Sometimes the bearing make noise, when the bearing is ok the sensor is bad... oh my haha

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think that there is a TSB about this, if you clean that area on the back of the hub, this should fix the problem.

If not, replace the hub.

prheaume

Reaction score
You can also check in the plugs of the sensor, one of my wheel sensor was coding and there was corrosion inside the connector, cleaned it and the code went away

Members online