Service Bulletin for " Squeak "

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
I have an idea as far as using rubber grommets to isolate the cables from the bracket. Any one have any thoughts on that idea ?
I may go down a dirt road today to see just how much dirt collects on the grease .
It already needs a bath from all the rain we have had .

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Knock on wood , it has been almost 4 weeks and the squeak has not returned .
I know once it snows that grease will be gone .

KKeith

Reaction score
Squeak

It won't last. I have a 2010 Terrain and I've taken it in three times for the same problem. It sound like a have a styrofoam cooler in the back of my car. The first time they said they replaced the clips holding the cable. It went away for a while then came back. The second time, they replace the cables completely. It again went away for a while. Then, I got a rubbing noise in the front of the car which I think was related to the first recall you posted. They replaced or resized some bolts on it and that has gone away. Well, just recently the squeak came back. So this time, the service guy didn't even have anyone look at it - he repositioned the cables WITH A ZIP TIE. It's like MacGyver. I'm not sure how long the zip tie will last - maybe next time they'll use bubble gum. Let me know if you have any more issues with yours and if not, how they fixed it. Otherwise, I love the car...

KK

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
When it does comeback ,I am going to use a piece of hose and a zip tie on each of the cables to isolate them from the bracket.Or have the dealer fix it that way .

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
It is been about 10-12 weeks now and the grease is still holding up and I have no squeaks .
I'll have to wait until there is snow on the ground ( usually around halloween ) before I pass judgement .If in the spring the grease is still present and I have no squeaks ,well then that must be some mighty fine grease they use .

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
There is a grease that I use and it sticks forever... I don't know the name of it though. I like using it for trailer ramps that need to slide back and forth.

KKeith

Reaction score
My zip ties are still holding up! No more squeaks yet! KK

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Did you zip tie them together ,separate them from each other or the bracket or place something in between ? The dealer had told me that they " were rubbing against each other" My thinking is that if you tie them together it will still squeak .
That is why I had thought about creating some type of rubber grommet to place in between each cable and the bracket then using zip ties
I know mine is going to squeak again .

Members online