Service Bulletin for " Squeak "

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Here is the bulletin for the squeak ,it is for 2010 & 2011 models .

3 pages

Attachments

• page 1.jpg
    page 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Tuesday,June14,2011(2).jpg
    Tuesday,June14,2011(2).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Tuesday,June14,2011(3).jpg
    Tuesday,June14,2011(3).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 74

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Wow, it almost looks like they are on top of this. So did you take it in to have them grease or did you do it yourself?

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Squeak

Yes the problem has been corrected .I am concerned that it may come back with the dealer just " greasing " it
The grill trim came in Thursday ,it is being replaced this Tuesday .

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Squeak is back

Yes the problem has been corrected .I am concerned that it may come back with the dealer just " greasing " it
The grill trim came in Thursday ,it is being replaced this Tuesday .

Well the "grease" lasted all of one week .
When I got home today from having the trim replaced , I pulled into my garage and the squeak had returned .
Next appointment is this Thursday ( 6/23) afternoon .
I will keep you posted .
I have noticed that for whatever reason ,it only squeaks when the vehicle is hot .
It will be good and hot Thursday .

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
I honestly don't believe it was ever fixed .To me it sounds like it is coming from the left rear .The service bulletin relates to the front end .Yesterday was the first time the vehicle was "hot " since the grease was applied .It will be very hot when I take it in on Thursday .
The thing that really aggravates me is that the new grill that was put on because of "pitting " is worse that than the one that was replaced .It has a sandpaper texture on the upper right ( left if you are facing it ) lower section .
I cant believe that GM sent it out as a replacement part .What is even worse is the person at the dealer put in on .
I hope the dealer still has the packing information for the grill ,I will be making some phone calls .

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe it was ever fixed .To me it sounds like it is coming from the left rear .The service bulletin relates to the front end .Yesterday was the first time the vehicle was "hot " since the grease was applied .It will be very hot when I take it in on Thursday .
The thing that really aggravates me is that the new grill that was put on because of "pitting " is worse that than the one that was replaced .It has a sandpaper texture on the upper right ( left if you are facing it ) lower section .
I cant believe that GM sent it out as a replacement part .What is even worse is the person at the dealer put in on .
I hope the dealer still has the packing information for the grill ,I will be making some phone calls .

I wish there was a better dealer around for you... My brother works at Hendricks Collision that is in the same auto mall where I buy me Chevy's... If the had something replaced like this they would send it to collision and if someone released like you described they would have been fired!

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Actually this is a very good dealership and service department .
That's why this is confusing to me .
I have been buying new cars since 1970 and this is one of the top two dealerships I have ever dealt with .
Even this morning they helped me with my wife's car ( 2011 Malibu )
Last night I backed up over a parking curb and ripped loose part of the rear fascia.
I drove in ,told them what I did .They had a laugh , fixed it and didn't what anything but a Thank You .
In the Detroit area where I used to live some dealer's were so bad that I actually won two lemon law cases and got complete refunds for both . 87 Pontiac STE and an 88 GMC pick up .
I am not looking to get anyone fired ,I am sure it was just an honest mistake .
I am taking it back this afternoon ( 6/23) if the next one is bad and put on my vehicle that is a different story .
The main issue is the GM should not have even accepted that part into its distribution line .Unless they receive the part wrapped and didn't check up before shipping.
It is plastic coated with chrome .So knowing a little about GM ,I would bet that is what happened .
Once again I will keep you posted when the work is complete .

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Actually this is a very good dealership and service department .
That's why this is confusing to me .
I have been buying new cars since 1970 and this is one of the top two dealerships I have ever dealt with .
Even this morning they helped me with my wife's car ( 2011 Malibu )
Last night I backed up over a parking curb and ripped loose part of the rear fascia.
I drove in ,told them what I did .They had a laugh , fixed it and didn't what anything but a Thank You .
In the Detroit area where I used to live some dealer's were so bad that I actually won two lemon law cases and got complete refunds for both . 87 Pontiac STE and an 88 GMC pick up .
I am not looking to get anyone fired ,I am sure it was just an honest mistake .
I am taking it back this afternoon ( 6/23) if the next one is bad and put on my vehicle that is a different story .
The main issue is the GM should not have even accepted that part into its distribution line .Unless they receive the part wrapped and didn't check up before shipping.
It is plastic coated with chrome .So knowing a little about GM ,I would bet that is what happened .
Once again I will keep you posted when the work is complete .

Well that is good to hear. I always hate having to do things twice as I am sure that's the same for everyone. I guess not everything is going to be fixed the first time.

Glad that they take care of you! And thanks for keeping us updated.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
I drove around for an hour yesterday before my appointment ,and I could not get it to squeak .
It has been raining all week so perhaps it is related to being wet or dry.
I have an open ended appointment now, so I can take it in any time the squeak starts .
I will also get the grill replaced ( again) at that time .

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Source of squeak found

I went into town today and the squeak started immediately.
The dealer which is open on Saturday's is about 8 miles from my house .
I made it to the dealer and it was still squeaking .I drove into the service bay on told them I could not leave it today .They did find the source of the squeak .
It is the brake cable and the emergency brake cable rubbing .I don't know yet if the are rubbing on each other or on the vehicle it self .
I now have an appointment next Wednesday ( 6/29 ) .They are also going to check for a service bulletin on this squeak .The bulletin I posted earlier has nothing to do with my vehicle .
I filled up the gas after I stopped at the dealer and the squeak got worse from the added weight .
I will update after the repairs are complete .

08PILOT

Reaction score
Man oh man, I bet your about ready to pull your hair out over this.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
It is the brake cable and the emergency brake cable rubbing .I don't know yet if the are rubbing on each other or on the vehicle it self .

Seems like I remember some people with the 2010 having this problem.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer ,the grill replacement is fine .However I don't believe the "GM authorized "fix for the squeak will last .
I am going to quote the problem and the fix as written on my order ( no service bulletin for this one )
"Squeak noise when going over bumps -noise coming from Left rear parking brake cable rubbing on pass thru bracket ,( fix ) applied heavy grease around cable and reinstalled bracket "
When I got home I looked underneath and they did put heavy grease on it .A lot
In my opinion the bracket needs to be re-designed so the two cables are further apart .
Where I live there are a lot of dirt roads and we average well over 120 inches of snow every year .The first dirt road I go on ,that bracket and the cables will be covered with dirt and most likely have a sand paper effect on the cables when they rub .
In closing ,the squeak is fixed short term ,but this will be a long term problem .

Last edited:

08PILOT

Reaction score
That's ridiculous, oh well it is
GM we are talking about !!!

I-Phone via Tapatalk

Members online