Rust on my Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevylady

Reaction score
I have a 2011 chevy equinox that ive noticed is starting to rust on my hatch kind of in between the bottom of the wiper and above the license place.

Has anyone else had this issue. Its not from anything hitting it. Its just peeled and now rusting.

I just got a recall notice yesterday regarding the rust on the bottoms of the doors of the equinox and mine has lots on all of them.

I wonder if this could be the same thing and what sucks my Warranty just ended about 5 months ago.

equilover

Reaction score
Too bad that the warranty has already expired. Maybe you can call the dealer and ask if they can still fix the rust problem. It seems to be a common problem with 2011 and 2012 models.

chevyboy3199

Reaction score
My equinox is a 2012 and it doesn't have rust yet but chips of paint peeled off along the bottom of the tailgate

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Panoramic PEI

Reaction score
Actually the Rust Warranty for an Equinox 2011 is 6 Years or 100,000 Miles.
My Equinox is a 2005 , I have only 115,000 Miles with paint peeling at a few spots & mild rust which I will repair myself.
When I tackle the project, I will post some before & after photos if that is possible on this website.

Last edited:

equilover

Reaction score
Contact your dealer. Maybe they can still do something for your problem since it is related with the recall issue.

redcreek23

Reaction score
My 2012 Equinox disappointment

My car had 30k miles when I happened to look at the bottom of the doors. Chevy said it's not covered and I ended up paying almost $700 to have all 4 doors painted. The driver side was the worst. As you can see the paint was completely off. I tried calling GM but they just gave me the run around. I was looking for a new car and loved my Equinox. I would have bought another. This experience though has made me not want to buy anymore GM products. The least they could have done was paid for a portion of the bill. Has anybody reported them to them to the attorney general? Canada had a recall for the same model.

Attachments

• Equinox 2012 picture 20160607_200225.jpg
    Equinox 2012 picture 20160607_200225.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 12

Loki123

Reaction score
GM denied coverage for my vehicle a 2012 Equinox after the dealer said I was covered, the dealer told me that GM said it has to be "rust through" for warranty coverage!!!

Loki123

Reaction score
Join a class action lawsuit for this problem you can find it online just send them copies of all dealings with gm and the repair bills and sit back and let the lawyers handle it!

Loki123

Reaction score
Chevylady:
Are you in Canada or the US?

Last edited:

Loki123

Reaction score
Equilover:
It doesn't "seem" to be a problem, it "IS" a problem!!!! On years 2009-2015!!!

Last edited:

Jmplsp

Reaction score
Equinox rust

I was told at dealer that gm is aware of the problem and is fixing all the rust problems in Canada, but not in US. Nice huh? Is there a class action suit yet?

Loki123

Reaction score
Pending

Class action lawsuit is pending in US It is ridiculousness that we the tax payer bail out this company and then they treat us like c@#p!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.