Rough idle, delay in display with reverse, radio, etc no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boutdonehadenough

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have a 2015 Chevy Equinox LT Flex fuel 2.4L engine. Took a trip to SC from Missouri. After getting a tank of gas, driving it about 4 hours to the beach, it starts idling rough. Naturally I think I put bad gas in it. I did have a code of P0455 for a gross evap leak for quite some time, took it to same shop every time, they changed gas cap twice and charcoal canister once. Issue would go away then come back in a day. Never did smoke test to find a actual issue. So I drove it like that for about half a year, so I didn't think that was the issue. I put Heet in the tank to see if it would remove any water from tank. 5 tanks of gas later, still same issue. Took it to shop. Explained whole ordeal. They said it was the code causing the idling. I call B.S. but hey, wanted to be nice, and left without arguing. Called my brother in law who is a mechanic and he said it could cause it. I looked up the code and common fix was canister purge valve. Easy fix. Put it in and it cleared the code within 3 minutes, but the rough idling is still there. Then I looked up rough idling with no codes. Most fixes pointed to throttle body. I cleaned the throttle body, and it still has the issues. Now, along with the rough idling, my radio will play, but tge display will either stay stuck on reverse or just black, then revert to normal after 5-ish minutes. Are these related? I am so lost right now.

Members online

No members online now.