rear hatch won't open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron6962

Reaction score
2015 Equinox - rear hatch suddenly will not open with the button overhead inside, nor will it open with the remote, but when I manually press the latch outside, it unlocks, then immediately closes. It never raises. The only way I can open it is to catch it when it unlocks and manually pull it up. Once up, the only way to close it is manually...the button on the hatch does not close it. I have verified the fuses (#23 and #49) are OK. I also Googled the issue and no help so far. Any suggestions on what to check is appreciated. Thanks.

ron6962

Reaction score
2015 Equinox - rear hatch suddenly will not open with the button overhead inside, nor will it open with the remote, but when I manually press the latch outside, it unlocks, then immediately closes. It never raises. The only way I can open it is to catch it when it unlocks and manually pull it up. Once up, the only way to close it is manually...the button on the hatch does not close it. I have verified the fuses (#23 and #49) are OK. I also Googled the issue and no help so far. Any suggestions on what to check is appreciated. Thanks.
Well, this is what I get for trying to help someone with a car problem over the phone. I asked her to try the switches again with the car running and this time when she tried the overhead switch, she said she noticed it was in the OFF position. Honestly, I didn't even know it had an ON/OFF switch. She put the switch to ON (also has 3/4 ?) and all is working normally again. I apologize for the confusion.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Well, this is what I get for trying to help someone with a car problem over the phone. I asked her to try the switches again with the car running and this time when she tried the overhead switch, she said she noticed it was in the OFF position. Honestly, I didn't even know it had an ON/OFF switch. She put the switch to ON (also has 3/4 ?) and all is working normally again. I apologize for the confusion.

Love those easy fixes!

Pablo20

Reaction score

Don't sound defeated! You asked her to do something, and now it works. Well done!

Members online

No members online now.