Problems with 2007 LS...only owned for 1 month :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mom2fth

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a new Equinox owner...bought a 2007 LS a month ago w/ 91K miles on it. We were replacing a 98 Subaru Forester with a mulitude of problems hoping to be getting something problem-free for a while. Well, 2 weeks in, my check engine light came on. Ran codes at Auto Zone and said it was TPS (which of course is built into the throttle body :( ). Took it back to the dealer, and the light had gone off. Dealer replaced the headlight that went out the same day (for free) and I left. Then the next day, the light came back on along with "Service StabiliTrak/Engine Power Reduced" and I was totally freaking out. Dealer cleaned the throttle body and we put in a gas treatment and better gas (thought maybe the car didn't like the cheap stuff I put in the day before). Been running OK for about a week. Two days ago my kids and I went to leave in the morning and it wouldn't start. Needed a new battery...luckily we know someone who works at O'Reillys so we got one for a great price. Now, when I'm driving ~ 60mph it feels like the car is lunging. No CEL or anything, just feels almost like a stumble. I've done some searching and found some pretty scary stuff on tranny's in these cars. Is it the tranny? (we did get a 2yr/24k powertrain warranty) Or does it need plugs & wires? Please help! I haven't even made the first payment on this car and it's having all these problems! Thanks :)

mswerb

Reaction score
Was it bought at a dealership?? If it was I would contact the salesman and tell him of your problems. Because you have had it for such a short time AND have not made a payment yet, they hopefully will help you out. IF it was bought at a dealership, they want to keep you as a service customer as well. Good luck and keep us posted.
I have a 2007 LS as well and love it. Just turned 80,500 miles, bought with 49,000 on it.

mom2fth

Reaction score
It was purchased at a used car lot affiliated with a dealer. I've already been up there 4 times in the past month and wanted to know if it could be something simple like a tune up instead of going up there AGAIN and looking like an idiot. So I was hoping for some feedback from people who may have had this problem. Could it be a fuel filter or plugs/wires or something else?

mswerb

Reaction score
Take it back, have them service it. If they are a good dealership they should take care of the problem. If not, word of mouth travels fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts