power steering message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bawbeebee

Reaction score
have a 2010 equinox with low mileage. the service power steering message appeared when i start the vehicle up.simple solution is to take it to a dealer but i live in panama.does anyone have a idea what i"m looking at before i take it to a repair shop down here?
thanks

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Normally that would be a indication to check your fluid level. There will be a cap and dip stick. Well at least there is on every other vehicle I have worked on. If its low it would be good to check hoses and fittings for leaks.

You can usually find the reservoir by the belt and pulleys. I don't think it is a electric system.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would like to clarify that the 2.4 L engine has electric power steering. The 3.0 which I have does not.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

CBod

Reaction score
i think they had problems with the electric steering units on the equinox similar to the cobalts. search for a tech bulletin, i remember seeing one about it when i was looking for info on my thumping noise. might be under a recall

Murphdog

Reaction score
Power steering message

Had problem of ‘service power steering’ message after jump starting the car. Steering worked fine and didn’t feel like paying dealer or garage $125 or so to ‘diagnose’. Eventually replaced the battery and message went away. Apparently caused by weak battery.

Members online