Overheated issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boge

Reaction score
2023 equinox had to be towed. I only have 7500 miles on it. Has anyone experienced a engine light with a code saying cold start misfire? Dealer couldn't figure it out so just reset it. 3 days later it overheated on the highway. Waiting for dealership diagnostics. I'm expecting at least a blown head gasket.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Bad Fuel injector, maybe. They should have been able to diagnose. Misfire can cause the overheating issue. Damage would depend on temperature reached and for how long.

boge

Reaction score
2023 equinox had to be towed. I only have 7500 miles on it. Has anyone experienced a engine light with a code saying cold start misfire? Dealer couldn't figure it out so just reset it. 3 days later it overheated on the highway. Waiting for dealership diagnostics. I'm expecting at least a blown head gasket.
Update on the overheated issue. It's Jan. 23 and I am still waiting for GM to send the dealership a new engine. There are a few gaskets that are on backorder. Not very happy with GM right now.

boge

Reaction score
Hopefully they are supplying a loaner to you.
No they didn't have one. It was not the dealership I purchased the car from, we were traveling. I had to rent a car which I am still driving and pay for the rental which they will reimburse me fully but it's on my charge card every week when I extend it.

Members online