New to SUV's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vetusvates

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am a humble , yet proud, new owner of my first crossover, a 2016 black Equinox LT, 2.4L, as of April 19, 2021. And I love it. Is it an SUV or a compact SUV? I am only newly learning the jargon. My vehicle history, briefly, is a little Toyota 5-speed long-bed truck (which I loved), then a Cougar XR7 V8, then I became a committed chevy man with a 1997 30th anniversary series Z28 (my dream car as a young idiot, lol, a V8, too) which I loved and just about drove the wheels off of, then a step down (in engine size) to a 6 cylinder 2011 Chevy Impala (which I also loved), but in a clumsy wreck totaled it and now here I am the proud owner of an Equinox. For many years previous, my co-worker and professional mentor drove one (her first was white and her second was white)...and I always liked hers. Note, as I have grown older, economy (and wisdom, I hope) has taken the place of big V8 engines with high payments and high insurance, so the step down was gradual...the Impala, and now the Equinox. I like white cars, black cars, and deep electric-red cars. The Equinox has so much room inside, and so much visibility of the world outside. I am not into vanity plates, but the Equinox came with a riveted "holder" on the front so I put a simple plate of my college alma mater, when I put my license plate on the back. I put new mats in it, and four new tires on it and saved the one that was in the best shape (it came with 4 tires each of a different age and wear).
Anyway, I am not a "forum-pro", but have read all the suggested new member info. I don't know whether to use my real name or not, I don't mind anyone knowing my name, so I will stick with my forum moniker for now. I am happy to find the forum and happy to become a member. So a humble "salute" to all who have come here before me.
Sincerely,
vetusvates

Oh yeah, pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0241.jpeg
    IMG_0241.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0238.jpeg
    IMG_0238.jpeg