New potential Equinox owner from Va.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny04

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Danny. I currently own a 2004 Toyota 4Runner with close to 270,000 miles, so its time to start looking for another ride. I've been looking at so many crossovers but really like the looks of the Equinox, especially the one with the chrome package! Not looking to buy until January but that gives me time to get more "educated"! lol

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

My forever wish has been in the last 5-8 years; "if only Toyota made vehicles like they used too"...

Its not uncommon to see high mileage vehicles like yours that have been around for a while.

We looked at a lot of crossovers and landed on the New Body Equinox back in July of 09' (2010 model). We have 73k+ miles on it without a single issue. I still have the factory Micheline tires too! We had the rotors turned at or around 60k. We get a lot of compliments on our vehicle and the leather quality is top notch in my opinion. Still has a dominant leather smell in my car. People say, it still smells new in here.

Good luck to you and your search.

12nox

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Danny. I currently own a 2004 Toyota 4Runner with close to 270,000 miles, so its time to start looking for another ride. I've been looking at so many crossovers but really like the looks of the Equinox, especially the one with the chrome package! Not looking to buy until January but that gives me time to get more "educated"! lol

Hey Danny,
Im in Nelson County. I just purchased my Nox and joined this site. The fellers on here are so very helpful especially setting up my remote start. I was confused on why the heated seats didn't work when I hit the remote. Anyway the site answered my question in 30 seconds by searching. It was 42 degrees down in the blue ridge this morning so having the remote start was awesome!

I purchased a white LT2 2012 and did a search on Cars.com /autotrader for months before making any trips. I accidentally gave out our number when we purchased our Chevrolet Silverado. I had dealers calling us months after we purchased our truck. It was very annoying. I upset some dealers this time by not giving out my phone number (just email) but after explaining they finally understood but they are hard at it like all the rest of the sales persons. They are trying to make a deal.

My Nox is fully white with no Chrome but I was looking on ebay deciding whether to upgrade or leave it alone. Hope to stay in contact with you during your purchase. I gave the dealers a hard time (heck) as I always do for the best deal. I even walked out the door 4 times. The sales guys of course came after me and we finally came to an agreement that next day. The dealer ship closed at 8 and we could not come up with a deal at 930pm. I purchased mine from Heritage Chevrolet in Richmond. I like to hook a trailer hitch to mine and start towing a trailer for my lawn equipment. We have to haul our own trash/ recycling also so it will come in handy for that.

Anyway let me know if you have any questions on the car buying experience. I love to make the sales guys sweat and I used this slogan over and over... "I can go up to Northern Virginia and purchase a BRAND NEW 2013 Blue Equinox from Lindsay Chevrolet (who is one of the few dealers are selling them so cheap) for 19,104". I also said I could get them to drop another 500-604 to make it an even 18,500! These are LS's of course but still used that for my bargaining power and they bit on it. Hook , Line , and Sinker! haha. Take Care

Jon
[email protected]

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I hate it when the dealer calls me... I started answering as if they called Home Depot customer service. They said, is this a business? I said, this is Home Depot. They said, I will take this number off of my list since it is a business...

Score!

Members online