Muffle subwoofer ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
Do you guys have any ideas how I can muffle subwoofers from my computer and from the home theater ?

The neighboor right under me was a pain in the a** so I was not concerned about that. But the new one have a 9 months old baby and I don't want to be the dumb guy who wakes up the baby all the time.

Do you have any suggestion? Except turn the volume lower ?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I would say if the sub has a port plug it with cloth, or you could also wrap the whole thing in a blanket, you could also try raising it away from the floor.

prheaume

Reaction score
the rubber mat kind they use on some gym or the cashier at the supermarket... do you think it can help ?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Anything to reduce reverberation and vibration, i think more than anything vibration. It could certainly help, reducing the surface area that the sub touches the floor with ultimately reduce vibration.

oleg1981

Reaction score
I think there is no way to reduce the vibration until the sub is on the flore. Try to put it on something. Ideally is to hang it LOL

prheaume

Reaction score
Anything to reduce reverberation and vibration, i think more than anything vibration. It could certainly help, reducing the surface area that the sub touches the floor with ultimately reduce vibration.

Will it be better to have like 4 parts (one on each corner of the sub) than a big part that cover all the sub area?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Yes i would agree, i know my sub has four small rubber feet that raise it 2 inches off the floor, my neighbor below never hears the bass. I would also say to keep it out of a corner if possible.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Have you tried setting it on a piece of furniture?

Also taking the sub out and fill the inside with towels might help.

Members online

No members online now.