MP3 Album Tracks Aren't Playing In Sequence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nds76

Reaction score
I was wondering why my mp3's on my USB stick aren't playing in sequence as they appear on a CD? I have my music in folders but it plays the tracks randomly. They play in sequence on my laptop though.

nds76

Reaction score
If you select the browse button, you should be able to sort by album or artist.
I can browse any folders but they don’t play in sequence within the folder. I am very meticulous about the tags in the files.

SteveK

Reaction score
while playing from the USB you have to turn off shuffle.

nds76

Reaction score
while playing from the USB you have to turn off shuffle.
I went and checked just now but shuffle was not on. When I pressed shuffle the circle around the button turned blue. Anyways it seems it's playing the songs in alphabetical order instead of in sequence.

Last edited:

SteveK

Reaction score
I went and checked just now but shuffle was not on. When I pressed shuffle the circle around the button turned blue. Anyways it seems it's playing the songs in alphabetical order instead of in sequence.
I do not have a thumb drive to test. Try pressing more than once. There are no instructions in infotainment user manual

nds76

Reaction score
I do not have a thumb drive to test. Try pressing more than once. There are no instructions in infotainment user manual
Shuffle was indeed turned off. On the thumb drive, they are listed in sequence. But when I play it in the Equinox, they are played alphabetically. I just can't find any information regarding this. Surely, I can't be the only one who is having a problem with this.

SteveK

Reaction score
A thought. Can you copy the songs only to another thumb drive without folders to see if that changes how it plays

nds76

Reaction score
I believe I have solved the problem. Instead of going to a folder to play said album, go to artists in the menu then click on the artist. Then a list of the albums appear for that band (if you have them organized that way). Then click on the album...boom! Your albums will play in sequence!

Members online