Looking for lower control arms, 2009 Equinox Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheezehead

Reaction score
I picked up a really clean 2009 Equinox Sport. I'm trying to find GM front lower control arms:

GM 25919635
GM 25919636

RockAuto has the GM 25919635 but I can't find the GM 25919636 anywhere. A lot of the brands group all of the 2005 - 2009 Equinox control arms as the same but they are not. 2008- 2009 Sport is different.

I did find BeckArnley makes 2008 - 2009 Sport specific control arms but I rather have factory GM

Anyone have any ideas where I could find a GM 25919636?

Attachments

• 20231006_110722.jpg
    20231006_110722.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231006_110751.jpg
    20231006_110751.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Cheezehead

Reaction score
From my research, it looks like the differences between the Sport/GXP front lower control arm and the standard control arm is the forward and rearward bushings. The metal structure seems to be the same. Can anyone confirm the information?

Thanks

Cheezehead

Reaction score
I don't know if the ball joints or bushings are bad. I wouldn't mind having replacements since just about everything is discontinued for my 2009 Sport.

Last edited:

bearbait

Reaction score
Have a mechanic determine that. Have a 2008 LS and when getting new tires mechanic noticed i needed lower ball joint. He wanted to replace lower control arm to the tune of $460 !! Went to NAPA, got ball joint,drilled out old one, bolted in new one for $35 . Drives straight as an arrow!

Cheezehead

Reaction score
I do all of my own work and have for many years. I trust my diagnosis and work over any mechanic I've ever met. No one cares about my vehicles more than I do...

The original owner had the battery replaced at a dealership and the mechanic broke the fuse box lid, computer plastic housing and the battery box top.

I found a fuse box lid, 2009 Equinox only at a dealership in Louisiana (last one in the United States) and the top half of the battery box at a dealership in Florida, (last one in the United States).

The computer plastic housing was in stock in Denver.

They are good as of today but I want to have control arms for the future. If they are discontinued and hard to find today, imagine how hard to find 2 or 3 years from now. Trying to be proactive... My concern on the suspension for the future is not only the ball joints but the forward and rearward bushings. If I have to change the ball joint, I would change the bushings too. The complete control arm is cheaper than the individual parts. I found a new GM 25919635 control arm for the passenger side for $160, I want to find the GM control arm for the driver's side too.

The 2008 - 2009 Sport control arm is different than the LS, LT and LTZ because of the bushings, the ball joint is the same. I have factory GM ball joints on my shelf so I'm covered there.

Plan B is to get lower control arms from an 2008 - 2009 Equinox sport or a Pontiac Torrent GXP, remove the ball joint and bushings, The forward bushing is pressed in, the rearward slides off. I would take the control arm and have them cleaned and painted/powder coated, press in a new forward bushing and bolt on a new ball joint.

Plan A (New GM control arms) is cheaper and less work but I have to do what I can.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.