Lets see those Lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08PILOT

Reaction score
HID's in our Nox Sport (08) and I have them in all my
other vehicles as well. Guess I need to get pictures.

islandreamer

Reaction score
Just got done installing the Philips LED DayLight 4 DLR on the existing plastic fog lamp covers. Since the mounting is at an angle and tilt, the bright beam is not facing full front. This works out since the headlamp DLRs takes care of that while these faces traffic intersections and also specific dark spots at night where the low beams don't cover and at a more outboard beam pattern. This works for me. For now at least. I mounted the relay on that extra piece of plastic on the engine cover. I taped up the wire for the parking light line since I want to keep them "on" all the time.

I call these the "Bug Eyes" mount. I'm sure you can make a rectangular cutout and mount the lights so it is flush with the outside surface but I was on the lazy side that time.

The "before" photo is what I have on my album cover which I used 3M reflective tape to cover the flat section. Bought these Philips at Amazon.com since they seem to have the best price and free and fast shipping. Although they are made in Taiwan, it is licensed and designed from Philips Germany. I just hope they will last the claimed 5,000 hours.

Attachments

• DSCF2541.jpg
    DSCF2541.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF2538.jpg
    DSCF2538.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF2543.jpg
    DSCF2543.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF2549.jpg
    DSCF2549.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF2550.jpg
    DSCF2550.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Looks cool! You should post some links of what you purchase and show us a before install photo. :waytogo:

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

islandreamer

Reaction score
Looks cool! You should post some links of what you purchase and show us a before install photo. :waytogo:

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Thanks "dietz4ibanez". I did edit my previous comment to add more info. This "add on" should help those without fogs. There is actually another Philips LED DLR with 8 LEDs but the dimensions is just tad too long for the flat section of the fog light cover. It also costs way more even with Amazon.com. For the price (about 180), I'ld rather go for a set of PIAA LED fog lamps which I'm also considering for my next upgrade.

oleg1981

Reaction score
not the best idea of mounting the ballast ore relay? every time you will need to take of the engine cover you need to disconnect it. but looks really cool!

islandreamer

Reaction score
not the best idea of mounting the ballast ore relay? every time you will need to take of the engine cover you need to disconnect it. but looks really cool!

Yah I know, the area around the battery is a little tight. I will take a look at the plastic cover that covers the computer/aluminum sink above the battery as an alternate location. Thanks for the tip.

islandreamer

Reaction score
DRL not DLR

Thanks "dietz4ibanez". I did edit my previous comment to add more info. This "add on" should help those without fogs. There is actually another Philips LED DLR with 8 LEDs but the dimensions is just tad too long for the flat section of the fog light cover. It also costs way more even with Amazon.com. For the price (about 180), I'ld rather go for a set of PIAA LED fog lamps which I'm also considering for my next upgrade.

I meant DRL not DLR:weld:

islandreamer

Reaction score
DRL not DLR

Just got done installing the Philips LED DayLight 4 DLR on the existing plastic fog lamp covers. Since the mounting is at an angle and tilt, the bright beam is not facing full front. This works out since the headlamp DLRs takes care of that while these faces traffic intersections and also specific dark spots at night where the low beams don't cover and at a more outboard beam pattern. This works for me. For now at least. I mounted the relay on that extra piece of plastic on the engine cover. I taped up the wire for the parking light line since I want to keep them "on" all the time.

I call these the "Bug Eyes" mount. I'm sure you can make a rectangular cutout and mount the lights so it is flush with the outside surface but I was on the lazy side that time.

The "before" photo is what I have on my album cover which I used 3M reflective tape to cover the flat section. Bought these Philips at Amazon.com since they seem to have the best price and free and fast shipping. Although they are made in Taiwan, it is licensed and designed from Philips Germany. I just hope they will last the claimed 5,000 hours.

DRL not DLR:emotions122:

prheaume

Reaction score
HID's in our Nox Sport (08) and I have them in all my
other vehicles as well. Guess I need to get pictures.

I guest that you relocate the DRL or just don't have some them in USA ?

Was thinking of installing HID's but I don't feel like relocate the DRL and if I keep them I will probably burn the ballast in a second..

What you guys think of Nokya Artirc white Stage 2 bulbs ? I found some poeple really happy of them on the web and some that didn't liked them.. looking for an advice on Nox!!

prheaume

Reaction score
:lol:

I didn't even notice!

We are not the typical forum that finds a mistake in a post and then continues to pile drive you into the ground until you bleed your brains out...

Carry on my friend!

I hate that kind of forum ... and they are so many !
As a French speaker I know that my english is not the best and I hate when people don't think I'm serious just by the way I write sentences ..

Galileo

Reaction score
Here is my nox. I installed an LED light bar on the top, for those "woods" trips and a couple of LED 18W CREE bulbs each, fog lamps among other things as you can see. I also replaced the Amber bulb for the parking light to a cool white... everything is about 6000K. It is pretty white light including the headlamp, I swapped it for a cooler 5900K bulb. The whole setup is SUPER BRIGHT... needless to say the bar is only for certain applications but the fog lamps I use almost like DRLS.

Attachments

• HULK1.jpg
    HULK1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34
  • HULK2.jpg
    HULK2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 22
  • HULK3.jpg
    HULK3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 23
  • HULK4.jpg
    HULK4.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 29

Ohernandez081

Reaction score
I know alot of you arent into HIDs but just seeing if anyone can help get them running? They sometimes turn on and sometimes dont.... my fogs work perfect tho.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Please see attached the before running standard H11 Halogen bulbs and After running LED H11 replacements.

It took about 10 minutes to install from the ports located in the wheel well.
The factory plastic cup covers that go on the back of the projector headlights will no longer be used. Because the LED bulbs need the open air in the back to keep the bulbs cool. (I will keep these covers and put back on when i sell the vehicle and put the factory bulbs back in)

I can say from a few days of running I can see more of the road and much better in wet conditions. I have not had 1 person flash me as if my brights were on.

Benefits of this setup:

-No Splicing of wires
-Long long of bulb
-Equivalent to HID without all the hassle of installing HID

Attachments

• H11.jpg
    H11.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 23
  • LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 23

Members online