K&N Air Filter - Good idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThePapaJohn

Reaction score
Back in my Jeep days I used to use a K&N air filter. When I switched over to my ole VW TDI, the Mass Air Flow Sensors would DIE shortly if used in conjunction with them...

Any issues with the Equinox and K & N air filters?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Drop ins are perfectly fine. I don't know about the older Nox but the newer will not benefit from a CAI...

I put a drop in K&N when we first got out 2010.

GarbageCan

Reaction score
I put one in my '11. Bought a used one off eBay for super cheap. Not sure if it really improves HP or MPG, but I'll never have to buy another one!

padavid12

Reaction score
I used one in my '11 and will now put one in my '14. I had a 02 VW TDI and I had one in it for 129000 miles. Never a problem.

3fingers

Reaction score
If you want a cost efficient and bit of intake noise surely a drop in filter would be a good investment. But for hard core tuners and will surely give extra hp a Cold Air Intakes will fit your need for speed. All of these are bolt on into our equinox without any problem at all.

lheon

Reaction score
I have the k&n filter and so far have no problems though didn't notice tremendous gain.

BigBlueLB756

Reaction score
Got 'em in both my GMC's and have no complaints. Look for good deals online of in the Classified section of the forum.

Fitter30

Reaction score
k& n filter

2013 4cyl equinox 26000 miles been running one for 10000 miles havent seen any improvment in mpg with combo driving with 60% on highway running at 73

Members online