Is anyone having problems with their 2011?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeeDee1202

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

New to the site :) I purchased a 2011 equinox about 5 months ago and have experianced several problems with the heat going out! I have to bring it back again on monday to have it checked out again, but this is the 3rd time its been back in the shop for the same problem within the last month and a half. Anyone having these similar issues? Also had to bring it in 2 other times for the car automaticly turning off while im trying to make sharp turn left or right. The steering wheel locks and the car shuts off, any thoughts on what it could be? The dealership claimed it was a problem with the igination switch and repaired it but it did it again so i know thats not the problem. Any feed back would be appreciated

08PILOT

Reaction score
Welcome 2 CEF, That turning issue sounds scary :uhoh2:

I have an OBS (Old Body Style) so I have not had
the heat issues you speak of. Is where your going
the only Dealership option in your area? Reason I
ask is I'm concerned about their knowledge base.

Seems weird for u to have various repeat issues,
especially after having it quote "Fixed" already.

SPH01

Reaction score
Stalling

I would look under the General discussions section under the stalling issues for 2011. As far as the no heat issue, my 2010 had the brains changed out about 6 months ago on a recall for the AC/Heat controller.
And I have to agree do you have another GM dealer in the area?
My goes into a Cadillac Dealer across the street from the Chevy dealer because of their reputaion. ANY GM dealer can do warrenty work on it.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
got 3000 miles on my Terrain and the only problem I have had was a strange start up one time that felt it was only running on 1 cylinder.
Other then that all has been good

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would tell the dealer that the issue with the nox cutting off when sharp turn is going on has to be the safety feature sensor for roll over that cuts off the vehicle if it were in a wreck. I would ask them to replace whatever sensor there may be if there is such a safety feature.

There is a recall for the other issue with the heat.

Colt Hero

Reaction score
2500 miles and no problems that I KNOW of. I say "KNOW OF" because I really haven't tested everything on the car yet, and for all I know, half the stuff doesn't work!!

Normally, I would do this checkout at the dealership BEFORE purchasing (I've even made checklists in the past to make sure I tested everything), but I had to move fast on this purchase this time, and so I let it slide.

The wife DID recently complain that the A/C didn't seem to cool, but I haven't verified that yet. There's also a single "CLOP" noise when turning the wheel after startup that some say is normal (from the ABS). To me, it sounds just like the beginning of a CV joint problem. I also have power steering "moan" when I turn the wheel. Could be a bad PS unit on the horizon (or maybe even the entire rack).

But other than that, everything's fine ...

CKeshen

Reaction score
I get a moan from the steering too when I turn the wheel, but only when the Terrain is stationary or just barely moving. Had the dealer check it, and was told that was normal. They did check the PS steering fluid level and said that also was normal. Hmmm.

Other than that no problems. Vehicle seems great. Just under 4k miles so far.

Members online