Intake cover screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pepin

Reaction score
Hi;

My parents have a 2006 3.4L Equinox LT for which we are trying to solve some problems. Checking the intake filter, we found that there is screen mesh attached to the intake's box cover.

This looks like a secondary filter, but it's riveted (plastic studs) to the cover. First, we would like to know what is the function because most vehicles (I think all others) don't have that.

Second, it's dirty and we would like to know how to clean it or if it can be eliminated?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I'm not really familiar with these engines but if I had to guess it's the MAF sensor. The Mass Air Flow Sensor should be cleaned as regular maintenance. You should be able to buy MAF sensor cleaner from your local auto parts store or even Walmart might have it too. But I would check with the auto parts stores first.

Pepin

Reaction score
It's not the MAF sensor, because that's located a bit farther from the air box's top.

If you have an Equinox, take a look. It's like a mesh screen attached to box cover.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I have the new body style equinox with a completely different engine.

I'll look into it for you to see what I can come up with!

Members online

No members online now.