How to Permemnatly Disable Auto Stop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveK

Reaction score
Puts a lot of wear on the starter.
How long does a starter last, or how much longer will it last?
Is it similar to tires not wearing as fast if you stay parked longer.

I like it, and if it burns less fuel, so much the better for me and the enviroment.

ricklack

Reaction score
I don't even notice it restarting though. Tach never has gone to zero.
Are you sure the tach does not drop to zero? On mine it goes to zero when the engine shots off. when the engine starts when releasing the brake it jumps back up.

gbynum

Reaction score
Are you sure the tach does not drop to zero? On mine it goes to zero when the engine shots off. when the engine starts when releasing the brake it jumps back up.
My wife's 2022 LT has a marking on the tach for auto shut off below 1000 and above 0.

Severum17

Reaction score
How long does a starter last, or how much longer will it last?
Is it similar to tires not wearing as fast if you stay parked longer.

I like it, and if it burns less fuel, so much the better for me and the
Starter is probably about $300 plus install. Probably another $300 You really think that you can save $600 in gas? Wait til it fails in the middle of an intersection, and tires do last longer when parked. JMHO

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
Starter is probably about $300 plus install. Probably another $300 You really think that you can save $600 in gas? Wait til it fails in the middle of an intersection, and tires do last longer when parked. JMHO
Couldn’t agree more severum17 !! Can you imagine when all these cars get much older and don’t start as fast as they do new !! Getting jammed up at intersections !! Modern cars use so little fuel at idle it’s unreal . Wait and see .

SteveK

Reaction score
You missed my point. Justify all you want to disable the auto start, I really don't care. You cannot provide proof that the starter will last longer. Had you said after 30K miles I had to replace starter, then you may have a point. But doing this because it may shorten the life of starter is not a valid reason.
There are those that do not like the start/stop/start, go ahead and disable, you have reason to.

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
I didn’t do to save starter I just think what you may save in gas isn’t worth the aggravation of it all . And I believe when car is older it will be more annoying . And what did it for me was after having it for a week I had situation where it was just about to shut off and I hit gas and heard starter grind flywheel . Starter not a huge repair but flywheel is !

Severum17

Reaction score
You missed my point. Justify all you want to disable the auto start, I really don't care. You cannot provide proof that the starter will last longer. Had you said after 30K miles I had to replace starter, then you may have a point. But doing this because it may shorten the life of starter is not a valid reason.
There are those that do not like the start/stop/start, go ahead and disable, you have reason to.
Start/stop is about the most annoying thing I have ever driven with. A bonus is less wear on moving parts. I still go with less tire wear when parked.

SteveK

Reaction score
The most annoying thing I found was front wheel drive.

Rick143

Reaction score
Installed the auto stop bypass this week on 2018. Less than 5 minutes to install in between hood latch sensor. Works perfectly. Wish I would have done this years ago.
Can you put the link to the one you purchased ?

57chevythunder

Reaction score
Stymart brand on Amazon. $13.59. So nice to not have it shut down!
Yup, that is the one. -in the search bar on Amazon, just key in "Stymart" and then select the correct line item. It will be illustrated as an "Overall pick".

Severum17

Reaction score
Anyone notice a throttle lag after install? I am getting used to it but its annoying but not as much as the star stop

renchjeep

Reaction score
Anyone notice a throttle lag after install? I am getting used to it but its annoying but not as much as the star stop
I didn't notice any difference in throttle response after installing mine from Amazon.

Members online

No members online now.