HELP OEM to OEM upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

undercover

Reaction score
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wife has an 06 Equinox. Came with the standard CD/MP3 head unit. She desperately wants AUX. I purchased another unit, also from and 06 equinox (with aux) that I thought would be plug and play replacement. At worst, I thought my dealership would have to reprogram it. The plugs don't match, any ideas?

NOTE: I know I should have gone aftermarket, but I got this unit for $30 shipped and my wife is concerned with "aesthetics"

I have this stereo

WP_0007011.jpg

With this connection and cable

WP_000698.jpg
WP_000696.jpg

I want to connect this stereo with these plugs

WP_000700.jpg
WP_000697.jpg

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I am not a expert but I think your best bet here is to find a wiring harness from the stereo you purchased and integrate/splice them in that way... I don't see why there should be any additional wires just different plug... Essentially, all you would have to do is match the wires...

I installed a aftermarket in a Danger Ranger a couple weeks ago and all the wires that were involved with a USB and 3.5mm jack aux was...

Speaker wires
Power
Ground
ACC wire

And I am pretty sure that was it... Now you will have some dimming wires and steering wheel control wires if applicable...

The only difference may be if there was a source button on the steering wheek from Nox that this radio came from.

oleg1981

Reaction score
first of all the head unit that you got is from 2007-2009 equinox.
the wire harness is totaly different! the only way to find proper wires is to find the deograme on the net. after that you will need to find the plugs fro 2007 radio that you will be able to cut.
and most important! try connect the radio just to any power sorce to se if its working at all! in almost all the newer cars the radio is locking it self after some pereode of time without power!
good luck!

oleg1981

Reaction score
2007 equinox

Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: The radio harness does not provide a switched power source. Run a wire to the fusebox for switched power. The accessory turn-on and amplifier turn-on are controlled by the class 2 serial network.
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/White
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: White
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Dark Green
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Behind subwoofer assembly in the right rear quarter panel.
Front Speakers Size: N/A
Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green
Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

undercover

Reaction score
Got it on eBay, auction clearly said 06....maybe I should go for a refund. We'll see. I know that some of these radios end up needing to be programmed, which would set me back another 50-100.

oleg1981

Reaction score
Got it on eBay, auction clearly said 06....maybe I should go for a refund. We'll see. I know that some of these radios end up needing to be programmed, which would set me back another 50-100.

i so somwhere on the net. that you sending a serial of youre radio to the guys and for 8-10$ they sending you back a code.

Members online

No members online now.