Help! My Equinox is Dying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

striker

Reaction score
At one point, it failed to charge the battery for a day. After that, I started noticing strange things like the display shutting off and coming back on while driving. Then, it started saying "Check Power Steering" when we were cranking it. Now, it has again failed to charge the battery and if I get it a charge from another source, it says "Check Air Bag" and "Check Battery Charging System".

I think it is on its way out, but how? It's a 2011 model..

andyfest

Reaction score
At one point, it failed to charge the battery for a day. After that, I started noticing strange things like the display shutting off and coming back on while driving. Then, it started saying "Check Power Steering" when we were cranking it. Now, it has again failed to charge the battery and if I get it a charge from another source, it says "Check Air Bag" and "Check Battery Charging System".

I think it is on its way out, but how? It's a 2011 model..

Could be the alternator at fault. If the alternator is not charging the battery it will cause all of the symptoms you listed. The dealership should be able to do a simple test on the alternator to find out.

Members online

No members online now.