hello from ne pa!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwblaine82

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rich, and its a pleasure to be here! I bought a 2007 equinox ls for my wife, awd model. previous suv was a 2004 ford explorer, always called it turd exploder, I hated the turd, drove it like 1000 mile total myself, wife drove it like 50000 miles herself.
The day we traded in the turd for the equinox I been driving it for work everyday:peace: Stacey (wife) only drove it 3 times. we got it 2 weeks ago
today was the day I drove my truck to work, so she can start driving her new *car* shes loving everything about it, so im ready to mod it:flamingdevil: I didnt mod the turd once, I let it drive til we trade it in. didnt change the oil from 53000 miles to 104000 miles dohh. hated the thing. am glad to get rid of it.

just wanted to say HI! :favorites13:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Rich! I will tell you though... Those Exploders are hard to kill. Buddy of mine has one with 260k for work. He just got into a Taurus.

That Nox should be a little better on fuel. :peace:

Again so glad you joined up... I think I know of a grill for sale on the site! :waytogo:

rwblaine82

Reaction score
I will tell you though... Those Exploders are hard to kill. Buddy of mine has one with 260k for work.

say what? :crazy:my exploders tranny blew the first week we own it, fixed under warranty, rearend whine, fixed under warranty, then stalled while my wife was 8 months pregnant, again fixed under warranty, fuel pump quit. all within 3 years of owning it. engine was strong.

some people got lucky

thanks for the welcome tho!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Sorry you had a bad experience with it. Don't get me wrong. I have never been a fan of Ford and have never directly gone out and purchased one.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Well being a Duramax owner and a powerstroke driver through work I have learned that Powerjokes are worse than your experience with the Exploder.

rwblaine82

Reaction score
ill be in the market for a new truck probably this time next year, ill be pming u for ur point of views between those two.. :waytogo:

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Welcome to the board
And you really should let your wife drive her new SUV.

rwblaine82

Reaction score
heh yeah I drove it for the last 2 weeks cause we got a base warranty, so had to make sure everythings good. today is day 2 I drove my truck. suv has been with her.

my truck is a 2003 silverado z71 half ton with 4.8 has blackbear tune, 1 inch body lift, small torsion bar crank, and about to roll 200k miles.

Members online