Equinox Sport... tuning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aimulator64

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know I am new here, but I figured I would seek a few answers.

I just picked up a new-to-me Chevy Equinox sport 3.6 LY7 (2009). I like the car alot, but am curious to know a couple things...

Has anyone custom fabbed a cone filter onto their sport? I know the MAF sensor has a little lip on the end you can probably clamp a filter onto if you remove the stock airbox, but I wanted to know if people have had success, since I cannot find much online due to the rarity of the sports models.

Also, are there any tuning options? specifically I want to get rid of the shifting delay for manual mode, and would like another maybe 10-15 hp with a filter and a tune. Is this possible with the sport?

I am afraid of messing with the MAF by having a filter right on the end of it, but maybe it wont make a difference.

thanks!!

:)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this thread...

Welcome to the site!

First of all, I would recommend getting in contact with Blackbear performance or Trifecta tuning. Once you talk to them and see what they can do for you, I would determine if that is right for your needs as I think it will be what you are looking for. If not, then I don't think you will find a tune that will suit your needs.

I hope you find this helpful!

Aimulator64

Reaction score
I will check them out! Thank you for the reply. nobody else has been able to help me here :) I like my acceleration, dont care as much about top speed, but I feel as if there should be more love and support for the Equinox Sports. They are definitely one-of-a-kind, and I want mine to be faster than the new equinox LTZ's with the 3.6. Maybe I can send them an ECU and have them tune it or something. I am too nervous with tuning it myself

Aimulator64

Reaction score
I notice that all of these sites list pretty much every car with the LY7 v6 (3.6L) except for the equinox. Is it okay to use a tune from another car with a FWD setup that has the same engine as me?

3fingers

Reaction score
Yes you can install a cone, but it would be prone to heat soak. A drop in filter or CAI would be better. About the shift delay I guess you can do it by adjusting the computer module.

Members online