Do not buy this 2012 Chevy Equinox!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leadfoot68

Reaction score
Do not buy this 2012 Chevy Equinox Vin#2GNFLEEK9C6384792, I had purchased this from vehicle from Carmax in Hartford, CT in April of 2013. It had about 3200 miles. After only driving it for about 30 miles I noticed the passenger airbag light was on. Since it was still under factory warranty i took it to the local chevy dealer.

They told me they would need it for a day and gave me a loaner vehicle. They called the next day saying there was a major problem. That the vechicle had been in a flood, there was non factory wiring and splicing under the center console where the electronics are for the passenger airbag and the vin# on that did not match the vin on the car. I went down and took pics of the wiring and rust on the front seat brackets. I then took the car back to Carmax where they gave me my money back after they took the car apart again and saw the splicing and rust. I believe they auctioned it off, dont think they mentioned the flood damage and was retailed in NH. Looks like it was then sold, and now is for sale at the Thrifty in Westfield, MA. I will try and put up the pics I took. Please dont buy this vehicle!

leadfoot68

Reaction score
I also had this posted on Equinoxforum.net but site doesnt seem to be running. Anyone know what happened to it?

Attachments

• photo_4[1].jpg
    photo_4[1].jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 29
  • photo_3[1].jpg
    photo_3[1].jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 26
  • photo_2[1].jpg
    photo_2[1].jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 26
  • photo_1[1].JPG
    photo_1[1].JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 27

leadfoot68

Reaction score
thanks mswerb............just stumbled across this site so thought i would warn others here about this 2012 nox.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would also warn about buying a car from car Max. Too many horror story's like this one like they take a risk with a vehicle and hope the owner doesn't have any problems until the warranty funs out.

It is good to report that they did the right thing and gave you your money back! Thanks for posting this. Glad to have you here even if its when the other site is down.

:lol:

leadfoot68

Reaction score
Actually believe they didn't know, but so much for their 141 point inspection, and the Chevy dealer said if you stood under the car on the lift for a little while you could smell the musty smell. Also they wholesaled it. They said they were going to mention it was previously flooded but after seeing it retailed for market value, I'm sure they didn't.

Glad I found this site as well to get the word out on this 2012 Nox.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Is the other site still down?

I still can't get over all this happening to you! I am glad that you weren't stuck with the vehicle.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Actually believe they didn't know, but so much for their 141 point inspection, and the Chevy dealer said if you stood under the car on the lift for a little while you could smell the musty smell. Also they wholesaled it. They said they were going to mention it was previously flooded but after seeing it retailed for market value, I'm sure they didn't.

Glad I found this site as well to get the word out on this 2012 Nox.
They had to have known .They most likely purchased at an auction .

leadfoot68

Reaction score
interesting that carfax only show 3 owners, i know someone bought it when it was in NH and put some miles on it......very misleading. I think it was originally a fleet "company car" that's why it shows commercial owner.

leadfoot68

Reaction score
If you look scroll down and look at the vehicle history it show myself( Rocky Hill, CT) owner and the NH owner listed as only one owner............very suspicious. Hope people know enough to try and google the vin before they buy a used vehicle. Amazing what may pop up.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
I google everything .
I don't know about carfax now . I just saw the report for the one I just traded in .
There Are Missing items .
Unless they were not reported by the servicing dealer ?
Not sure what may have happened .

leadfoot68

Reaction score
Update. last I knew Thrifty in Westfield, MA was trying to sell it, It is no longer in their inventory............think it when back to auction..........

Staff online

Members online