crazy electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyMetalNox

Reaction score
good afternoon/evening!
my wife and i recently bought a 2008 equinox sport and have recently discovered a electrical problem. there is a small draw on the battery that i cant find. i replaced the battery and noticed that the previous owner had already done so. i hooked up the new and fresh battery, then hooked up a multimeter to see what the draw was. it was constantly varying. every where from 7 to .07 amps. as part of my trial and error, i pulled every fuse, one at a time, to see what the magic one was that made it stop. none met this goal. now im leaning towards the idea that there is a bad module somewhere in the cab. has anyone ever had this issue or can anyone offer any help/advise?
thanks for looking!!

HeavyMetalNox

Reaction score
well hot damn. thanks to all the help i got on here, i learned that it was my rear wiper motor that was causing the problem. lol ... who woulda thought? at least i didnt have to take it to the dealer to get fixed!

jukleop

Reaction score
Just joined the forum..

If it makes you feel any better, I had the same issue. Same exact symptom. Discovered it accidentally when I was in a parking garage one evening with the engine off. Happened to hear a clicking noise coming from the rear wiper. Pulled the fuse and sure enough the spike in current went away!

I picked up a replacement hatch wiper motor assembly from a junk yard and swapped it out. I managed to find one for under $60 and it was pretty easy to replace. The only tricky part, if i remember correctly, was some of the insulation was glued so you have to be careful removing it.

Brad

Reaction score
Heavy metal, so where do I find the answers to your battery draw issue? thanks

prheaume

Reaction score
I had the same trouble on my 07, discovered that the rear wiper motor was about to jam, when you press the button, if the rear wiper didn't do his ''cycle'' it will try to do it even if you don't have the key inside. I drained a battery overnight with this!

Members online

No members online now.