Cel p0017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Qrsterling

Reaction score
I have had an intermittent diagnostic code on the Terrain's dash for the past month, and am puzzled after replacing the Crank sensor. The 4 hour job (had to remove cat. conv. and exhaust pipe to access back side of engine block) at the local mechanic removed the check engine light, and allowed me to remote start the vehicle. One day later, the CEL came back on. I also replaced one of the camshaft sensors on bank 1, intake side. Any suggestions on a fix?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would like to think that if there was a issue with your cam sensors as a precautionary measure I would think they would not allow your engine to fire.

They be be measuring and reporting back an unevenness in your timing. Could be a stretched timing chain. How many miles are on your vehicle?

I'm still hoping it's one of the 4 sensors, though.

Qrsterling

Reaction score
Have 109,000 miles. It doesn't fire as quickly as it used to, but does start and runs fine. Is it possible that I have to visit a dealer to have a re-learn procedure performed?

Crashandburn1980

Reaction score
2010 terrain p0014 and p0017

Hi all need help asap found my gmc to have these codes and only these codes I'm a Chrysler tech so I do not have access to gm scan tool but they told me to replace the motor I'm like no way. Of course no warranty engine runs fine just the light is on plz helpb

teddybear05

Reaction score
I have that same code p0014 on 2010 chevy equinox. And we took it to a repair shop and they change the variable valve timing solenoid both of them. And the code stayed off for three months and then the check engine light came on again and that same code came up and then we took it to the repair shop again and they found nothing wrong with the solenoid and they change the oil again and this time they put synthetic oil in it. And not even a week later the check engine light came on again, same code. So please help

Members online

No members online now.