(cabin filter location) Mice Invasion 2018 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TessaNorth

Reaction score
Well the dreaded thing happened. 2 mice had managed to get into my car and chew up my rear seat (one spot. Not too $) and so far that’s the only damage. I will be taking it into the dealer for replacement, but in the mean time while the parts come in I need to throughly clean it. I am wondering where the cabin filter is located, passenger or drivers side? I want to check both filter boxes and will be taking out everything in the storage/spare tire area as well.

Yes, I have caught the two mice in traps and am leaving a trap in there for a while to make sure I got them all.

Cliff

Reaction score
Cabin filter should be in the same place as my 2017 model.... behind the dash glove box. Remove the glove box and the filter is behind a 2 clip flip up panel. Easy to change.

I had a couple of mice try to get into my 2015 Silverado via the cabin filter. They started a nest on it. I cleaned out the duct and changed the filter, then I put several moth balls on the intake by the windshield to dissuade them from attempting another go at it. Did the trick and no more issues. Yeah, was a moth ball smell for a while every time we used the vehicle, but it definitely caused the little guys to move on to something else.

Members online