Burning oil question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bopaul1

Reaction score
New here, 2019 lt, 1.5l, 55k miles. Every now and then it burns oil after sitting for a few hours. Then it will be fine for a month or so. Car is regularly maintained and never beat on. Has anyone experienced this?

Attachments

• VID_20231026_133056763_exported_7990.jpg
    VID_20231026_133056763_exported_7990.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 6

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
have you replaced the PCV valve? If not, I would. If it continues, you may want to try some sort of valve seal conditioner.

Big Papi

Reaction score
Any misfire codes on warmup? Thinking what seems like oil could more likely be coolant from a slowly seeping head gasket. Checking with a cheap bore-scope when its cold could reveal the source. 1.5 more known for head gasket problems then oil burning. Just a hunch.

bopaul1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Not sure what's going on. No codes, they used the scan tool and nothing came up. Haven't noticed any oil loss. I dropped it off at the stealership. I showed them the video because it only happens once in a while and it didn't smoke for them. There is oil around the tube that's behind the valve cover (not sure the name, guess it goes to the intake or something). I told them about that and still waiting to hear back

Members online

No members online now.