Black headlights-I made them!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05lsawd

Reaction score
Hey everyone thought I would post this in here, I have what I believe to be the second pair ever of black housed headlights, made them myself. This is the third vehicle ive done this to and it should've came from chevy like this! I didn't have time for pics during but if I get enough request I will do a right up on them, basically remove the lights, put them in the oven(yes the kitchen oven) for 15 minutes, pry them apart, remove 3 small screws, sand, tape off turn signal reflector and spray whatever color you want! Its truly very easy and is the only way youll get different style headlights for these. I hope to be doing more projects like this soon. Next up is LED taillights with leds surrounding the squares like the new Malibu's. Anyway heres two pictures of the lights installed and right after I finished them! Any questions feel free to ask!
5D92946D-68FD-40CF-BBEC-8545312B9F3B_zpsmctib2gm.jpg
212E4150-1E0B-4C80-B32E-1359BD4A1292_zps22uo8zmr.jpg

ridin_low07

Reaction score
I would love to see a write up. I wanna do mine color matched to the rest of the truck I think

randylutz

Reaction score
Nice one. That's an interesting project for headlights, and it actually looks good. Thanks for posting.

lheon

Reaction score
Old thread but I'm curious on what's the best product to use to seal the headlights again.

carid

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.