Back seat Magsafe chargers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miguel

Reaction score
I had this idea, because of my kids, to have some sort of phone support/charger for the back seats.

Here are the results along with the "ingredients":
  1. Headrest Mount - Link
  2. Magnetic Phone Holder for Car, 15W Qi Fast Wireless Car Charger Use with Magnet Case - Link
  3. USB A to Type C Cable Braided Charger Cord - Link
  4. USB 90 Degree Adapter - Link
To do it:
  • Raise Hearest
  • Unsecrew the bottom pole cover - Link
  • Using a pull wire tool - Link - carefully run the usb cable inside the seat until the bottom
  • Install magasfe charger on headreast support
  • I used the 90 Degree so the usb wire doesnt stick out so much.
20240421_143152.jpg

20240421_143309.jpg

20240421_143240.jpg

20240421_143321.jpg

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
Interesting idea. Just out of curiosity why did you opt for MagSafe for back there? While I typically use MagSafe in the house I’d imagine in the back seat of the car the kids are constantly using their devices and they wouldn’t be able to charge while being used.

Miguel

Reaction score
Interesting idea. Just out of curiosity why did you opt for MagSafe for back there? While I typically use MagSafe in the house I’d imagine in the back seat of the car the kids are constantly using their devices and they wouldn’t be able to charge while being used.
You have a point there.
But when reviewing options to have a magsafe solution for charging other than cable, I decided to have it there as it's adjustable and allows for landscape and angle adjustment for viewing videos.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
I use an excellent MagSafe mount (not charging) from Lisen off Amazon. I have installed in all of my cars and they work very well.

Miguel

Reaction score
I use an excellent MagSafe mount (not charging) from Lisen off Amazon. I have installed in all of my cars and they work very well.
Have you installed for rear seats? If so, what to share where?

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
Have you installed for rear seats? If so, what to share where?
No I have it installed in the front. I’ll snap a picture in a little while. But what’s nice about is it has 2 separate mounting feet that pivot so you can find a good mounting place in almost any car. I don’t like those mounts that utilize the vents and this works great.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
I have to grab another device to take a photo of my phone on it but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_5571.jpeg
    IMG_5571.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5570.jpeg
    IMG_5570.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 6

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
That's a good angle for viewing info on the screen!
Yes it works exceptionally well. It’s down low, out of the way for both me and passenger. In the 2019 there is no wireless CarPlay so I have it plugged so I don’t need the MagSafe charger. The 2022 has wireless CarPlay but the wife was having too many issues with it I told her to just keep it plugged in and it seems to work better.

By the way the magnet on this thing is stronger than any other MagSafe accessory or charger I have seen. If you install it properly your phone doesn’t move.

Miguel

Reaction score
My 2019 has wireless charger. Because of that I use a cheap Amazon/Aliexpress usb pen to covert the wired to wireless.
That's why I don't have supports installed in the front.