ABS on my Equinox Premier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vondoman

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Equinox Premier. I get a warning when I approach a vehicle while driving too fast.
How do I know if the car will actually come to a stop.
I hate to actually test it!

Tks

ravenblack67

Reaction score
You have AEB on your trim level so yes, the car will stop in time if the closure rate is less than 25 MPH. The new standard for 2029 will be 31 MPH and will be required on all vehicles.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score

AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY BRAKING​

When the 2020 Equinox is traveling under 50 mph, the Automatic Emergency Braking system can sense possible front-end collisions and will warn the driver in the event of a potential accident. The system can also step in and apply the emergency brakes automatically in case the driver does not react in time.

FORWARD COLLISION ALERT​

If the Chevy Equinox is following a vehicle too closely, or if it senses a potential collision with the vehicle ahead, the system will warn the driver so that they can react to prevent or reduce an accident.

SteveK

Reaction score

AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY BRAKING​

When the 2020 Equinox is traveling under 50 mph, the Automatic Emergency Braking system can sense possible front-end collisions and will warn the driver in the event of a potential accident. The system can also step in and apply the emergency brakes automatically in case the driver does not react in time.

FORWARD COLLISION ALERT​

If the Chevy Equinox is following a vehicle too closely, or if it senses a potential collision with the vehicle ahead, the system will warn the driver so that they can react to prevent or reduce an accident.
If you have cruise control on it will stop gradually increasing braking. each time I my foot over the brake pedal at the ready. 100% stops at safe distance.
But if cruise is not on I have panic stopped soon after the seat buzzes when no braking has started. Have not waited to find out if it has a sudden last minute stop.

Vondoman

Reaction score
Thanks SteveK. When the alarm goes off, I always hit the brake pedal. I often have wanted to ‘ride it out’ and see what happens!
Could the dealer see if the system functions?

SteveK

Reaction score
Not sure if the dealer can see with instruments if it would work without cruise on. BTW, it also has pedestrian stop? But so far I have allowed the seat buzz to tell me to stomp on the brake.

SteveK

Reaction score
buzz, a seat vibration right/left back and all to direct your attention. You should have that feature with premier

ricklack

Reaction score
I too was afraid to test the AEB. Then in a parking lot some woman decided the stop sign was not intended for her, and it worked!

I agree with SteveK, I love the adaptive cruise and use it all the time. No worries about slowing down, the car does it for you. Even comes to a complete stop if needed. All these features I thought I didn't need have now become "must have" features if I ever trade it in.

Members online