2022 Equinox rear speakers quiet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad1669

Reaction score
I am not sure if it is normal or not but my new Equinox has very little volume compared to the front. When you use the fade all the way to the rear it Is very quiet compared to the front. Is it designed this way or is there an issue? Is there anyone that can test this on there car if they have one close to the same year?

Charvel1975

Reaction score
I am not sure if it is normal or not but my new Equinox has very little volume compared to the front. When you use the fade all the way to the rear it Is very quiet compared to the front. Is it designed this way or is there an issue? Is there anyone that can test this on there car if they have one close to the same year?
Take it back to the dealer and show them what's happening.

FredG

Reaction score
Mines are the same. There are no tweeters in the rear so I guess you only get mid-range. If you find out anything from the dealer let me know please and do the same. Can't see getting there anytime soon tho.

FredG

Reaction score
Ok....This worked for me....Now I have a lot more sound coming from the rear speakers. It's the phone connecting with it's bluetooth settings, even if your not using a app like pandora ect....Your phone takes over the system. By turning on " Disable Absolute Volume" in the phone settings I was able to get a lot of sound out of the speakers. I was amazed. Still not as loud as the front but what a difference. I can now send some adjustment to the rear to even out the sound. Hope it works for you. If you have an Android phone you'll have to open up "Developer options". Search the internet a million post on how to do it. Apple I don't know about.

Members online