2021 Equinox Infotainment stops and goes black for a minute randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonuch

Reaction score
My Infotainment screen randomly goes black as it shuts off. Comes back on in a minute. Dealer reprogrammed it, still randomly shuts off. I also changed the HMI unit behind the glovebox, and it still happens. Car only has 17,000 miles and is like new otherwise.

wbabor12

Reaction score
I had this happen on my 2019 Corvette..have them run a code check..it was the radio shorting the system..replace it..no problems..after...

Tonuch

Reaction score
My Infotainment screen randomly goes black as it shuts off. Comes back on in a minute. Dealer reprogrammed it, still randomly shuts off. I also changed the HMI unit behind the glovebox, and it still happens. Car only has 17,000 miles and is like new otherwise.
Thanks

Chevyenginox

Reaction score
Mine does this randomly as well. I have a ‘22 with just about 13k. I don’t think it’s a short in the infotainment system but I could be wrong. It’s random but there sometimes seems to be a correlation with switching between the back up camera and the normal screen. In honestly think it’s when the system gets overloaded with commands as it usually happens when I’m trying to use it or when toggling the camera. Not to dash your dreams but I bet Chevy will never figure it out or fix it. Let me know if they do though and I’ll have mine fixed to haha.

Tonuch

Reaction score
Dealer has had my car for 2 1/2 weeks, replaced the radio, but it didnt fix it. They ordered a radio interface component that ties radio to other devices and mounts under radio. Waiting for 2 1/2 weeks and still no part. They tried GM and others, but I am guessing it’s a electronic component shortage of chips.

Tonuch

Reaction score
I am happy to say that Elkins Chevrolet in Marlton, NJ resolved my problem. Replacing the radio did not solve the issue, but they replaced the “ Telematics Communication Interface Module” and now my radio works without blackout screen. This unit is under the radio and interfaces all communication from phones, antenna, Bluetooth, etc.

Members online

No members online now.