2018 Equinox Shifter Cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Saturday ,I had to slightly force the shifter into park . On my next trip ,the shift handle was 1 position off and would not even go into L
Took it in yesterday ,cable needed to be adjusted .

gpart

Reaction score
Wow. Seems as though you've had your fair share of problems already with the new 'Nox.

How are you liking yours thus far, overall?

gpart

Reaction score
Nothing, yet. Still waiting to hear from them (if they'll get back to me, at all).

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Nothing, yet. Still waiting to hear from them (if they'll get back to me, at all).

I have been told by General Motors ,that the New onstar is designed that way .Since it was onstars ignorance that my car was out of service for 18 days .I agreed to a settlement .That more than compensated me for the lost days .

gpart

Reaction score
I have been told by General Motors ,that the New onstar is designed that way .Since it was onstars ignorance that my car was out of service for 18 days .I agreed to a settlement .That more than compensated me for the lost days .

That is good to know. At least I won't keep my hopes up. Glad you were compensated in some way to your satisfaction.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
You may have to keep calling onstar ,bring up page 404 in the owners manual It states you can call using a name tag

gpart

Reaction score
I'm finding the rear outboard seatbelt latch(es) (the silver part) rattle against the hard plastic (where they rest against the forward interior wheel well) when not in use. When the vehicle was delivered to me, the latches were secured BELOW the plastic clip that holds the seatbelt in place when not in use.

For now I try to ensure they're secured either ABOVE the small plastic clip that holds the seatbelt in place or I try to tuck the latch BEHIND the clip so it doesn't rattle. It seems to work well but it's annoying to hear the rattling when I forget to place the latches correctly. Consequently, I may have to do a DIY project with some "felt" glued onto the plastic outboard sections.

Members online