2018 Chevy Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewcrew5

Reaction score
I originally took this car to a mechanic for one headlight not working.
It turned out to be a continuing intermittent problem, but now the traction control doesn't work, one headlight (has been replaced) not working, horn doesn't work and brights don't work. Has to be an electrical issue. I hate to have to take it to the dealer. Any ideas?

ricklack

Reaction score
if your battery has not been replaced, it could be the issue. When AGM batteries start to go bad, odd electrical gremlins happen. These batteries usually have a life span of 3-5 years. Also, if you do not drive a lot, the battery may not fully charge. A trickle charger would be helpful in that situation.

BDCEquinox

Reaction score
if your battery has not been replaced, it could be the issue. When AGM batteries start to go bad, odd electrical gremlins happen. These batteries usually have a life span of 3-5 years. Also, if you do not drive a lot, the battery may not fully charge. A trickle charger would be helpful in that situation.
Yep, great advice. I've observed the same thing when it comes to AGM batteries on a few vehicles I've had with them.

On our Nox, we had an issue where we'd get all sorts of service traction control and ABS lights whenever the car would stop/start. Replacing the battery that was 4 years old fixed the issue.

I also recommend if you are replacing your own battery, make sure you fully charge it before you install it - alternators are maintainers not chargers. Also, make sure the charger you have is AGM ready (micro-controlled).

Members online

No members online now.