2012 V6 AWD AC compressor Out at 110,780 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

islandreamer

Reaction score
Internal compressor failure. Dealer changed out compressor(AC Delco), condenser, expansion chamber and serpentine belt for a tad over $2,500. I had to bite the bullet on this one since it's sweltering. I could have paid the $150 diagnostic fee and looked for a cheaper shop but time, temperature and "not too much of a difference" was my convincing logic.

comp

Reaction score
had anything been do to the system before?? could the system have been over charged ?

islandreamer

Reaction score
AC system has never been touched since I bought it new back in Feb. 2012. Initially I thought of a slow leak and charge was low. I bought an AC Pro bottle w/ gauge but the charge showed full on the gauge with engine running and compressor engaged.

islandreamer

Reaction score
So, no I didn't have to add refrigerant. The only procedure I did was to spray Kool-It Evaporator and Heater Coil Foam Cleaner due to some musky smell coming from the vents.

Reaction score
Gett'n AC serviced at a Dealer is a akin to fork'n over a blank check. But, under those circumstances I can see it because it will be fixed right and if not you can rattle their cages. Some times though the Warranty on a new Compressor/Parts is not as long as one bought from a parts supplier an installed yourself.
My experience with older Auto ACs say up to the 80's was less positive 'cause holding the Refrigerant was quite a problem due to vibration an Seals. Todays modern systems are much better, mostly requiring virtually zero service and many owners report even high mileage, 100+ miles, their rides are still good to go on the AC issue.

comp

Reaction score
so how often has the cabin air filter been changed ?

Members online

No members online now.