2012 Equinox Washer Fluid problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattysoxfan

Reaction score
The reason i am here is to try and find a solution to the problem my car is having. After driving home from dinner, the mrs was driving and was asking how come the washer fluid doesn't come out. First thing i checked was to see if i can hear it running when i turn them on. No noise could be heard. Maybe its a fuse. Well i'll check when i get home. Open up the fuse box. Find the fuse Labeled WSW which is spot number 39 on the diagram. Looks good to me.

Maybe it is the washer pump that went bad. Well correct me if i am wrong but i see the only way i can reach the washer pump is from the driver wheel well. There is a opening there for when i want to change my bulbs.

Each opening has a door you spin to reveal the opening. Which is also sealed off by a T-20 hex screw. Ok i have that, no problem.

Both screws are completely rusted and are literally impossible to take off unless i drill them out. Great......

To anyone who has had this problem. Is replacing the washer pump a hard task?

Svard75

Reaction score
The reason i am here is to try and find a solution to the problem my car is having. After driving home from dinner, the mrs was driving and was asking how come the washer fluid doesn't come out. First thing i checked was to see if i can hear it running when i turn them on. No noise could be heard. Maybe its a fuse. Well i'll check when i get home. Open up the fuse box. Find the fuse Labeled WSW which is spot number 39 on the diagram. Looks good to me.

Maybe it is the washer pump that went bad. Well correct me if i am wrong but i see the only way i can reach the washer pump is from the driver wheel well. There is a opening there for when i want to change my bulbs.

Each opening has a door you spin to reveal the opening. Which is also sealed off by a T-20 hex screw. Ok i have that, no problem.

Both screws are completely rusted and are literally impossible to take off unless i drill them out. Great......

To anyone who has had this problem. Is replacing the washer pump a hard task?

The washer resevoir is within the front bumper. Take the front bumper off to get easier access to the pump underneath the bottle.

To remove the front bumper cover open the hood.
Remove the plastic retainer clips on either side of the front finishing panels and flip the finishing panels back. There are 3 per side.
Remove the plastic retainer clips on either side of the front of the wheel well. There are 3 per side.
Using I believe a 7mm socket remove the two screws on either side of the wheel well. Each of these are located at the joint between the bumper cover and the front fenders. You have to duck down to see the screws or feel them with your fingers.
Remove the two T25 torqs screws from either side of the wheel well liner
Remove two per side under the corners of the bumper cover. I believe they are 7mm socket screws. Make a note of how the center of the fender liner contains a small latch that attaches to the bumper cover.
Remove the 4 large T25 screws at the top of the bumper cover.
Begin removing the cover from either side by pulling out and up. When both sides are out disconnect the fog lights and put the bumper cover asside. Be careful handling the cover. The more it flexes the more risk you have of the paint chipping or cracking.

Hope this helps.

ricklack

Reaction score
Before changing the pump ...... have you checked that fuse with an ohm meter? They sometimes look good but are not. Might save you some trouble to put a meter on that fuse.

mattysoxfan

Reaction score
Actually attempting to remove the pump now. The hoses are easy to get off but literally impossible to remove the electrical connecter.

Members online

No members online now.