2011 Chevy Equinox, Steering Wheel Lights don't shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KonradWT

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2011 Chevy Equinox. The battery has been drained over the weekend and after recharging the battery I found a minor problem. The lights that are behind the steering wheel buttons do not turn off when the car turns off. They are dimmed but never completely shut off. I also noticed that there are 2 buttons on the middle console, Traction Control and the ECO button does not turn off as well. Now the radio lights and dash lights turn off how they are supposed to. While messing around with the buttons I found if I press the traction control button the lights turn very dim. I have no idea what this could be. Any ideas?

Colt Hero

Reaction score
When I purchased my 2011 new nearly 7 years ago, the blue lights in the center console wouldn’t turn OFF and the battery died. Turned out there was a TSB to re-program the computer to turn these lights OFF when the vehicle was OFF.

Maybe your unit still needs the TSB performed after all this time?? Kinda hard to believe, though.

Call Chevrolet and ask them to check your VIN # for TSBs performed. And ask them how you can do this yourself online because I believe there is a way to do it.

Members online