2010 Equinox LTZ 6 cyl starting problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johns4949

Reaction score
Get in car put key in ignition turn key to start car nothing happens completely dead. Cannot get key out of switch. Sit and wait a few minutes with key in on position. Power returns to car, resets radio and displays "cal" next to odometer. Turn key to start goes dead again. After about 3 tries it finally starts. Battery is new. The key has been sticking a bit lately as I try to start car. This is happenning probably about 40% of the time I start the car. Taking it to dealer Monday morning. 53000 miles on car. Not sure what the problem is but seems to be a switch problem.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Get in car put key in ignition turn key to start car nothing happens completely dead. Cannot get key out of switch. Sit and wait a few minutes with key in on position. Power returns to car, resets radio and displays "cal" next to odometer. Turn key to start goes dead again. After about 3 tries it finally starts. Battery is new. The key has been sticking a bit lately as I try to start car. This is happenning probably about 40% of the time I start the car. Taking it to dealer Monday morning. 53000 miles on car. Not sure what the problem is but seems to be a switch problem.

I would try your other keyfob just verify its not the key that isnt activating the switch correctly.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like a programming issue with the key for some reason... I don't understand why it has worked fine all this time but it might be the issue here.

jtwicked82

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox, and it will not start, no cranking, nothing. We've replaced battery, ignition, computer, now a blown fuse box. Is this issue similar to yours not starting? Did changing the key fix the problem?

Members online